Bottled Up Feelings

Sunghoon tossed around in his bed. Sunoo would arrive anytime now, and he doesn't know how to start a conversation with him.

   "Hello,"

   He bites his lip. It was too awkward.

   "You're here?"

  Ugh, too cold.

   "Hello, how are you?"

   He closed his eyes and banged his head on the pillow several times.

   Sunghoon never thought that he would be worrying about how to talk with the younger. Is it that hard?

   Well, it's not like he can just pretend everything is fine after ignoring him for several days.

   Imagine trying your best to converse with someone who doesn't give you any response. It's like talking to a statue.

🌻

   Sunoo smiled awkwardly at the man in front of him.

   "How are you, Sunoo-ssi?" Park Joonwoo asked, happy to stumble upon his ex-patient.

   Sunoo gripped the flowers in his hand. He never thought to meet the man again, and not after he stopped going to the hospital.

   "I'm doing fine, doctor. How about you?"

   Joonwoo stared at him for a second before answering, "I'm fine too," before asking him where he was going after this, hoping that they could have a drink together before Sunoo had to go.

   "I'm going to visit my...." Sunoo can't just say his lover, "my friend,"

   Joonwoo let out an Ahh, not telling him about his plan of having a drink together.

   They exchanged couples of small talks before Joonwoo told him he had to go and meet someone else.

   Sunoo did nothing to stop him. Instead, he felt relieved that the man had to go as he was late for his visit.

   Joonwoo stretched out his hand for a handshake, "Goodbye, for now, Sunoo-ssi,"

   Although Sunoo was reluctant to shake hands with the latter, he still does it because what if someone was looking at them and began spreading rumours about him being rude.

   He grabbed his hand firmly, telling him to have a nice day and watched Joonwoo walk away.

   He then continued to make his way to Sunghoon's room. Not noticing Joonwoo, turning around and staring at the flower he was holding.

🌻

   Sunoo knocked on the door and heard Sunghoon telling him to come in.

   'That is weird,' he thought to himself as Sunghoon had never invited him to come inside for the past visits.

   When he stepped inside the room, the sight in front of him made him frown.

   Sunghoon was sitting up on the bed, looking at his directions with his pretty eyes.

   "...you're here," Sunghoon said while he was replacing dead flowers from the vase with the sunflower.

   He had his back turned at Sunghoon. Not knowing what kind of expression the latter was wearing when he talked to him.

   The change in his attitude was too sudden; it was overwhelming.

   He was happy, but he was mad at him at the same time.

   His tears start to gather in his eyes, and he quickly wipes them before they fall.