Chapter 3. Bria

Trigger warning! This chapter talks about drugs and may be depressing for some viewers.

Bria's POV

     Nothing is the same. My heart aches for my old life. The old life where my dad was alive and happy. When it was just me and my parents. Daisy ruined my life. Daisy tricked us all and so did those men. We shouldn't have ever taken her in.

Nights are restless, sleeping through the night is a thing of the past. I can maybe get a good three hours in if I'm lucky.

I want them to pay, all of them. I want Daisy to feel how I felt.

When we were in that court room, and I saw her...my heart shattered. She was my best friend, my sister. I loved her and protected her, and she didn't even call me, she never checked if I was okay. She was too worried about her new family.

I roll my eyes and walk into the kitchen.

"Hey mom." I greet her.

Her blood shot eyes, and cracked lips give me a small, forced smile. I can tell she will never be the same again. Thanks to Daisy.

I give her a small hug knowing that she needed one.

"What're you doing today?" She asks me.

I take a moment to think.

"I'm going to go grocery shopping. It looks like we're running low on food."

"Oh. Yeah. Okay that'd be nice." She responds almost zombie like.

It kills me inside to see her like this. I'm not the same either but my mom...she's barely even human.

I throw my curly hair into a messy bun not caring what it looks like and throw on a random pair of black shoes.

"I'll just go now okay mom."

She doesn't respond but she looks and me while I walk out the door.

While I'm starting my car, I call Lauren.

"Hey! You want to come shopping with me? I need to buy some food." I ask hoping she will say yes. I don't want to be alone.

"Yeah, I'll meet you at the store." She yawns.

I smile and hang up the phone. I know she just woke up, but she's been here for me when nobody else was, not even my mom. My mom has basically been in her own world.

I turn the radio on to drown out my thoughts and in eighteen minutes I'm pulling up to the grocery store.

I search for Laurens' car and finally find it and park next to it.

After getting out the car I greet Lauren and we step inside.

"How's your mom?" Laurens red hair bounced as she asks.

"Not good. I feel like I lost both my parents because of that bitch." I sigh.

Lauren stops and tilts her head.

"Do you really think Daisy would be that evil? The girl who used to bring stuffed animals to school and cling to you like a koala." She asks seriously.

"You didn't see what I saw. She was there Lauren." I plea.

She nods her head.

"But that don't mean that she killed him. Daisy isn't capable of killing someone." She tells me.

I roll my eyes.

"She either did it or she's covering for people that did. She wasn't on our side." I try to make her understand.