Chapter 15. Food For The Soul

Bria's POV

      It's been a few days since stumbling into Fools Hope. I was terrified at first but I'm so happy I did.

I was just observing but Eli convinced me to start training.

Malik isn't only an excellent fighter, he's an amazing trainer as well.

Even though it's a little hard to focus when he's around. He always trains shirtless, and his muscles are... To die for.

We've become friends through Eli, apparently Eli trained him before he fought his first fight.

Not going to lie, the first fight scares me.

"Bria." Malik's gruff voice hits my ears as his fingers snap in my face.

"You space out on me?" He chuckles.

His smile is perfect, and I didn't miss the tongue ring playing hide and seek in his mouth when he spoke.

"Sorry I'm just nervous I guess." I give him a small smile.

"You're going to do great; I've seen you fight; I've seen you in red mode."

Red mode was what he calls it when you get so angry fighting that everything doubles, power, strength, stamina, adrenaline, everything.

I giggle and nod. Luckily, I won't have to fight guys to win money. To be honest I kind of like this. It helps with the pain and anger...it helps me forget for a while. I guess this is my drug.

"Same time tomorrow?" Malik asks me.

I quickly nod. I can't get enough of his coffee-colored eyes or his bulging muscles.

Malik grabs my shoulder and looks into my eyes.

"Eli told me you've been sleeping on the bench outside. Why wouldn't you tell me?" He asks with hurt evident in his voice.

"Eli doesn't know what he's talking about I'm not a bum." I chuckle trying to play off his accusation.

"Bria... If you need anything just let me know and I'll see what I can do, okay?"

He's too sweet. How did I deserve to ever run into him?

He's very different from what I imagined him to be the first day I saw him. I thought he'd be cocky and impossible to be around but he's the exact opposite. He's humble, sweet, caring, and very much boyfriend martial.

"Roger that captain." I joke as he finishes packing his gym bag.

His hand reaches for the hair tie on his wrist and pulls it off. He runs his fingers through his dreads that are jet black but turn brown towards the ends. It's like it's happening in slow motion, and I can't help but stare.

"See you tomorrow then." He smiles and walks past me.

Whoever his girlfriend is, she's very fucking lucky.

The only thing that sucked out these little workout sessions we have is...I don't have a shower, so I always have to bathe in the public bathrooms sink.

Knowing what I have to do now I walk towards the bathroom.

I close the door behind me and check for feet under the stalls and luckily nobody is in here. I run back towards the door and lock it.

I wipe my brow and turn the sink water on and wait for it to get warm.

Thoughts of Malik run through my head. I wonder what that tongue ring feels like.