Chapter 33. Hidden Text

Asher's POV

I thought I noticed someone following me but, the more I sit on this park bench, the more I think I was imagining it. I've been sitting here for a few hours now. Although it's peaceful and alluring, I'm getting bored.

My knee vibrates my heel against the ground in anticipation. I feel like if anything were to happen, it would've already happened.

After waiting another hour, I sigh and stand up from the bench. Time to go. I'm not wasting any more of my time waiting for something to happen.

I get into my car and drive back to the house.

As I pull up into the driveway, I see a similar car, it looks like the car that I thought was following me earlier, but I shake it off and ignore it. Many people can have the same car.

When I open the front door, I hear the screech of tires speed off. I turn to see the car I was looking at before turning down the road.

I walk inside the house to find my brother and Carson both looking around the house.

"Brother, have you seen Daisy?" James walks up to me.

I look between him and Carson and shake my head.

"She was playing hide and seek with Carson and now we can't find her." I see the slight panic in his eyes.

"You lost her?!" I say in anger.

I walk past James, making sure to hit my shoulder against his. I'm furious right now. How the fuck could he not have been more careful. He knows Bria is here.

I search everywhere. I can't fucking find her.

The sun begins to set and that's when true panic kicks in.

My palms ball up at my side into raging fists.

"I called Drew, him and his men said that she's with two other people." James informs.

I nod and open the back door to let the cool air in. My body is hot, I'm so angry that I can't cool myself down without a little bit of help.

"W- "

"Hush!" I cut him off hearing rustling noises.

I quickly step outside and scan the area. A pink shirt is seen inside the bushes.

"Finally! Someone found me!" Daisy says while coming out from the bushes.

My heart begins to beat once again. I release a breath I didn't realize I was holding while James runs up and hugs her.

"Didn't you hear us calling you?" James asks her with a hint of anger.

"That's cheating daddy. I had to be found." Daisy says innocently.

"Angel, we thought you went missing. We couldn't find you. Next time, you hear someone call your name you need to come out, so we know you're okay." I explain.

"I was just playing a game. I don't know why I'm in trouble." Daisy complains.

"Nobody said you were in trouble princess. We were explaining why what you did was wrong." James backs me up.

"I'm sorry daddies. I won't do it again." She puts her head down.

James kisses the top of her head and picks her up.

Daisy's POV

I didn't mean to scare anyone. But at least now I'll be known as the best hide and seek player! It took them hours to find me!