Chapter 32. Steak-Out

Bria's POV

"What about this place?" Lauren asks for the umpteenth time.

"I actually think it's a good spot this time." Rick comments.

I sigh and nod along. We've been looking for a place around the house where Daisy is staying for like two hours.

We agreed that we would find a spot that Lauren and Rick would stay in while I wait for Daisy.

"Hey wait. Movement outside." Rick rolls up the windows and watches whoever it is.

I turn to see a tall man walking towards the car.

"That's her boyfriend!" Lauren gasps.

Which one?

"Do you know which one?" I ask.

She turns to me with confusion written all over her face.

"I don't know his name. Wait, are you saying there's more than one?"

I smile at her confusion. Finally, something I know that they both don't.

"Yeah, I remember them, but I don't remember who is who." I tell them.

"Damn, double homicide. She has two men, and I can't even get a boyfriend." Lauren jokingly throws up her hands.

I laugh along with Rick. She seems pretty cool; I can see how I became friends with her.

I watch as the man enters the car and drives towards us down the road.

"Get down." Rick instructs.

We all lower ourselves until we are out of sight of whoever it is passing by.

"Did anyone see if Daisy was with him?" I ask.

"I didn't."

"Me either."

"Follow the car then! She's probably in there." I quickly sit up and point to the left where I just saw his car turn.

Rick puts the car in drive and races to catch up to him.

Once he does, he keeps the car a safe enough distance away, so we won't get noticed.

My heart starts pounding once I see the car pull into a small picnic area. Please be in their Daisy.

We pull into a parking space a couple cars down from his car and wait until we see him walking towards a picnic table.

"Fuck, he's alone." I sigh.

"Do you want us to go back to the house?" Rick asks.

She might not even come out today. It's Wednesday so they were supposed to go to the art museum but maybe they changed their plans. Why wouldn't one of her boyfriends go?

"Is it bad to just talk to him? Maybe I can make a good impression." I ask them.

"Bria, things are bad. You've...done things, said things, I don't know if he will listen to you." Lauren says somberly.

My heart aches. I don't even want to know about the things I've said, the things I've done. But I need to take accountability. I need to fully be aware of everything so I can truly apologize.

"Tell me what I did. Tell me everything, please." I borderline beg.

And she does. Lauren tells me every last detail. My head begins to hurt, and my stomach turns as I begin to remember small glimpses of the stories she's telling me.