Chapter 42. Brownies

Daisy's POV

Today is the day. The sun is shining, birds are singing, the air isn't thick. Today will be a good day!

I hop out of my bed and walk down the stairs in my baggy pajamas and sit at the table. Gloria places a plate of biscuits and gravy in front of me. I've had this a few times before and it's delicious, especially the sausage! I love sausage.

Daddy James comes into the dining room already dressed in a white shirt and black slacks; I wonder why they always dress like they have somewhere important to be. Maybe that just comes with having money.

"Good morning princess." Daddy James kisses the top of my head as I take in a mouth-full of food.

"Good moornin daddy." I say before swallowing.

He gives me a stern look, so I swallow my food quickly.

"Good morning daddy." I try again.

He smiles and sits in his usual seat.

"Did you and daddy Asher already eat?" I ask sweetly.

He nods.

They need to start waiting for me. I can't live, laugh, love in these conditions, I need to eat with my daddies to be fully happy.

My feet mindlessly kick under the table as I finish my food. It was so good that I feel a food coma coming on.

"How're you feeling about today?" Daddy James asks.

"Excited." I smile.

I also feel a little worried and anxious. What if she hasn't changed? What if it is a trap or another way for her to get in and hurt me?

But I swallow those questions inside me. If I think about them too much, I might back out and I don't want to do that.

After daddy James and I talk for a little bit, he leaves so he can do some more work before lunch. I'm happy they work from home more than going to that building, they still have to go sometimes but not as much as before. It all changed when I was taken.

I shake the memories from my head and walk upstairs.

Heading into the bathroom, I brush out my naturally straight hair and brush my teeth. Brushing teeth is so boring, I wonder how people cleaned their teeth before toothbrushes were a thing, or even toothpaste.

After my teeth are sparkling clean, I get dressed in the outfit daddy Asher laid out for me last night. The shorts hug my thighs a little too tightly as I button them closed. I guess I've gained some weight back. I think I'm back at the size I was before all the bad things happened. I take the shorts off and search for a slightly bigger pair.

I pull out a pair of white stretchy shorts that look super comfy.

"Perfect." I whisper.

I slide them up my legs and slip the shirt on over my head. These shorts are definitely more comfortable than jeans.

Skipping down the hall, I realize I forgot something, or someone.

Rushing back into my room, I pick Mr. Purr up off my bed and give him some pets.

"From now on, you're coming everywhere with me." I tell him.

I slowly walk into daddy Asher's room, noticing that he isn't there. Hmm. Maybe the game room.

I begin to make my way down the stair until I hear daddy Asher's voice coming from daddy James' office.