Chapter 41. Tomorrow For Lunch

Daisy's POV

"Hey uh, it's Daisy." I say nervously.

"DeeDee? Hey! I'm so happy to hear from you!" Genuine happiness leaks from her voice.

A smile stains my lips with hearing her voice.

"I was thinking, can we maybe see each other? In a public place?" I ask.

"Definitely! You can pick the time and place and I'll be there." She agrees.

Heaviness lifts off of my shoulders. The heaviness of loss, depression, fear. It's easier to breathe in this moment.

"How about lunch? I'll send you an address to a restaurant." I look at my daddies for approval to which they nod their heads to.

"Yeah! I'm down, just let me know. And Daisy?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you. Really."

"I'll see you tomorrow." I hang up with a smile.

I hand daddy James his phone back and let a small tear loose from my eye.

"What's the matter princess? Are you having second thoughts?" Daddy James says wiping the tear from my cheek.

Daddy Asher sits next to me and lays his hand on my leg to rub soothing circles onto my skin.

"Not at all. I was just happy to hear her voice again. Her real self, not the Bria she was at the amusement park or court." I admit.

Daddy James gives me a lazy smile. I know this isn't what he wants but I'm happy he understands why I want this so bad. If Drew were Bria, he would feel the same way and I know it.

"Let's get you in the shower and pick out your clothes tomorrow." Daddy James holds out his hand.

I happily take it and let him lead me into the bathroom.

He kneels down and searches inside the sink cabinet and pulls out a plastic bag. I roll my eyes at remembering that I have to cover my cast. But I let him wrap it around me anyways and help me remove my clothes.

"Are you sure you want to do this princess? You would still be a good person if you say no. Sometimes when people hurt us, it's good to forgive but, that doesn't mean you have to allow them back into our lives." Daddy James explains.

I take a moment to think about if I really want this as bad as I think I do. Bria was once my best friend, sister, protector. She gave up a lot for me, and I know I've inevitably hurt her before too whether I meant it or not.

"I want to do this daddy."

He checks the temperature of the water and turns back to me, reaching for my good hand.

As he helps me into the shower, I wet my hair under the warm water. The pressure of the water feels amazing on my scalp.

"I just want you, I need you, to be okay." Daddy James says almost too quiet.

I turn towards him and see the fear of me being hurt in his eyes.

My wet hand caresses against his cheek.

"You'll be with me the whole-time daddy. I won't be alone." I try my best to comfort him.

He smiles and grabs the shampoo. As he pours a glob into his hand, I let him run it through my hair.

My daddies will probably be uncomfortable the whole time we are with her tomorrow. Bria is harmless in my mind though, even when she hated me, I don't think she wanted to hurt me. But if she did, she doesn't now.

After daddy James washes the soap out of my hair and off my body, he wraps a white towel around me and pulls the plastic bag off of my arm. Stupid plastic makes my arm all sweaty, especially the part under my cast.

I follow him to my room and watch as daddy Asher rummages through my clothes. The only thing he's laid out for me is blue laced panties and a blue laced bra to match.

Daddy James dresses me into baggy sweatpants and one of his black shirts for pajamas and places me into my bed.

My eyes follow him as he lays my underwear on the far side of the bed, so I don't kick it off and finally, daddy Asher throws jean shorts with a white tank top and a low-cut blue shirt to go over it.

They both give me a big kiss and tuck me in tightly, so I feel safe.

Tomorrow will be good. Tomorrow I get my friend back.

***

Asher's POV

I really never wanted her to see Bria ever again. I don't trust her at all, but for some reason, after the wreck James had a change of heart and kept talking about how Daisy would never forgive us if we didn't give her a choice. I think that's bullshit, her safety is more important than her maybe being upset with us.

After tucking Daisy in, I head to my own room and decide to do some extra research on Bria's family.

Her mom was checked into a rehab for a while, I can't find out what for, but I imagine losing your husband is hard and she developed a drinking problem or something and got some help.

Bria on the other hand, only took the flight to and from Greece. I don't see any hospital records or anything about amnesia. My suspicion grows along with my anger. I can't believe I agreed to let her do this. It's too late to change my mind now, if I change my mind then I'll have to be the one to tell her no after she's already gotten a yes from us.

My hands rub frustratingly over my face. If we would've said yes tomorrow, I would've already had time to do all of this and add it to the list of cons!

I throw my shirt on the floor of my bedroom and plop into my bed. Jitters spread through my body, making me want to vomit.

I know we won't leave her alone but the thought of this potentially doing much more damage than good, is killing me.

I spend hours tossing and turning until I finally find a comfortable spot and let my eyes close.

This better be worth it. 

Thank you all for reading! Please remember to vote, comment, and follow!

Do you think Bria is tricking Daisy, or will they rekindle their friendship?

(Edited)