Chapter 19. The Fight

Bria's POV

I feel her stare stalk me as we circle the ring.

My leg blocks a light kick she tries to deliver. A punch is laid on my ribs and I huff in pain. She's toying with me.

I wiggle my hand to get her focus off my face. As soon as she looks at my hand, I use the opposite one and throw a punch. She somehow quickly dodged this.

Fools Hope has been my home for the past couple weeks. I won't let her throw me out of my home. I won't let that happen again.

I feel her knuckles against my face. A stinging sensation is left behind her hand. Fuck this is hard.

I reach to grab her hips to try to get her on the floor. Her elbow swings and hits my ear.

The blow makes my hear sing a high-pitched tune.

I look over to the side at Malik and he nods. "You got this! Stay focused!" He yells.

I search for a way to hit her; my eyes scan her body trying to find a fault within her stance.

Nothing.

She delivers a blow which I successfully blocked this time.

As soon as she stumbles back, I throw an uppercut and hit her chin.

She grunts in pain and the crowd howls. We start to circle each other once again.

We both block a few punches until one of her punches hit me directly in the nose. I feel the blood pool over my lips.

These fights don't stop until someone taps or dies. And I'm not tapping.

I see drops of my blood hit the floor as I connect my leg to her ribs just like Malik taught me to.

She hunches over in pain. I take this opportunity to raise my knee. It connects with her forehead. She's got to feel dizzy after that one.

I feel her anger get heavier.

She shoots me a grin that tells me the fight has really just begun.

I wipe my bloody nose and take a deep breath.

Her arm swings out as she spins confusing me until her first connects with my jaw.

Darkness.

My vision is lost. I can hear the crowd gasp and some cheers. I can't move, it's like my body is paralyzed.

"Ma-m-Malik." I strain.

I highly doubt anyone can hear me over the crowd. Fear washes over me. Why can't I see? Why can't I move?

The ringing in my ears return. The taste of blood remains behind my lips.

***

The pounding in my head causes my eyes to spring open.

My hand touches my nose and pain shoots through my face. What the hell? I have crusted up dried blood under my nose.

Did I have a nosebleed in my sleep?

I stand up from a bed. Is this my bed?

I look around the room and don't recognize anything. Where the hell am I? This isn't my room. Was I kidnapped?

I walk to the door and twist the handle. What kidnapper leaves the door unlocked?

Scurrying out of the room I find a small bathroom. My mom would never buy a green shower curtain.

I see myself in the mirror. My face is swollen, my right ear is red and purple, blood crusted but under my nose and slightly onto my full bruised lips. What the hell?

Whoever took me is beating me!

Rushing out of the bathroom my head spins. I grab my head to try and calm the vertigo which only helps a little bit.

"Bria! Oh my God baby how do you feel?" A strange woman asks.

I freeze in fear.

"Bria?" A man asks softly.

Who the hell are these people?

My body physically shakes. I've never felt this amount of fear.

Soft hands gently grasp my shoulders. "Hey. What's wrong?" The woman asks.

No, they're going to kill me. I have to get out of here.

The woman looks over to the man that looks worried.

I slowly try to back away, but I'm stopped by a pair of shoes that are hazardously on the floor.

"Fuck!" I yell out as my ankle twists.

The man rushes over and grabs my arm. I quickly snatch it away.

"Bria what is it? What's wrong?" He asks.

"Please don't hurt me. I promise I'll be good. I'll do anything. Please sir, don't hurt me anymore." I cry out.

His eyes widen. I hear the woman begin to sob as she leaves the room.

"Bria do you know where you are?" He asks.

I shake my head no.

His head sinks down as he huffs.

"Please sir...let me go home." I cry out. I just want my mom and dad. They must be worried sick. Do they have Daisy too?

"Bria you are home honey." He says rather soothing.

"Where is Daisy?" I shake my head. This isn't my home.

"Who?" His eyebrows furrow.

"Daisy. My sister. My best friend." I bring my knees up to my chest.

His head tilts. He looks honestly confused. Good that means she isn't here.

"Do you remember me?" He asks.

I squint my eyes at him.

"You kidnapped me." I state.

A gasp leaves his lips.

What?

Why is he so shocked by his own actions?

"Bria...I didn't kidnap you." He states.

Then why the fuck am I here? Why am I beaten?

"Babe! Come in here please!" He yells.

The woman comes back into the room with red puffy eyes and sniffles.

He looks at her as tears brim his eyes.

Why are they crying?

"Explain to her who we are. She's probably more comfortable speaking to a woman than a man." He stands up from his kneeling position on the floor.

"She doesn't remember?" The lady asks.

The man shakes his head. "She doesn't."

Thank you all for reading! Please remember to vote, comment, and follow!

What's going on with Bria?

(Edited)