Chapter 21. At A Loss

Daisy's POV

We follow each other in one long line up a skinny dim lit hallway, it's chilly in here.

The chill of the cool morning breeze hits me in the face as we approach the entrance of the plane. The doors sit wide open, ready for people to come inside. Remembering that Carson said that it was good luck to touch the outside of the plane, I reach out a shaky hand and delicately touch the outside of the plane. The metal felt so foreign under my fingertips.

I step onto the plane right behind daddy James, following close behind. I wish we could've drove to wherever we're going. We always drive.

"This is your seat princess." Daddy James points to a middle seat. We're in the middle of the plane, I wonder if that's worse than any other part of the plane.

The seats are dark blue, borderline black with arm rests and cup holders. A small window sits on my right side where daddy James sits down and closes the shade.

"Why did you close it daddy?" I ask as Carson sits next to me.

"I know you're a little freaked out so, I thought it'd be better to close it until we are up in the clouds. You're going to love the clouds princess."

I smile to myself. I bet clouds are even more fluffy than they look!

Bria's POV

I sit and listen to the woman who said her name is Sherry. To say that I'm uncomfortable is an understatement. I'm still petrified. I don't know these people but, they say that I was homeless before coming here and I was raising money through fights. I don't remember doing any fights but that would explain why I look so busted and less-than-stellar.

"Where is Daisy?" I ask still slightly confused about everything.

Sherry's head pulls to her chest as she shakes it silently.

"I don't know who Daisy is. You've never spoke about her before." Her eyes peek through her eyelashes to examine my reaction.

I sigh in annoyance until a knock at the door cuts it short.

Sherry doesn't seem to notice; she continues to talk and beg me to trust her.

I don't know what to believe, I have to go home.

"Just please, let me go home." I say quietly.

"Bria, nobody is keeping you here. You come and go as you please but for right now, I would really like it if you stayed until you get at least some of your memories back." Sherry smiles and three men walk into the room. One of them is the same man who caught me trying to sneak out.

"Bria, I'm Mr. Simmons. You've met me before, but Eli has told me what's going on, so I don't expect you to remember. I watched you fight. You did well. The other girl threw a hit that in most places would be considered illegal."

My vision spins out of control. What the hell. So, the fight was real? Someone witnessed it?

Without thinking twice, I see my car keys sitting on the table and snatch them into my hands and run out the front door. I fiddle with my cars handle and finally get it open.

As soon as I pull out of the driveway, Sherry runs out the door crying while Eli holds her back. That was easier than I thought it would be. I plug my address into my phones GPS and follow the directions road by road. I'm so far away from home but something about this area seems familiar, I just can't put my finger on it.

I drive through winding roads and highways with my head pounding, I definitely have to take some medicine when I get home.

Just as the sun comes up, I pull into my driveway.

How long has it been since I've been gone? Are my mom and dad okay? Daisy must be a wreck without me.

I jump out of my car and walk into the door being slightly ajar. I push it open the rest of the way and step inside.

I smell something putrid. Like rotten eggs mixed with dirty dog and a touch of mildew. Everything looks wrecked. Dishes are smashed along the floors, holes run along the walls, old, rotted food is sitting on the counter, the couch in the living room has holes that look like something burned through it, pictures are smashed...what the hell.

I speed walk into my mom's room and swing open the door.

"Mom? Dad?" I call out. I'm met with silence.

Maybe they aren't home right now. But my mom would never allow her home to look or smell like this.

I walk back into the kitchen and start throwing away rancid moldy food. It smells terrible, like vomit inducing. After the moldy food, I clean the dishes in the sink and lay them in their rightful places. I stretch my sore back until it pops, which causes me to wince in pain from the abuse I went through.

Just before I lay the sponge on the dirty counter, my mom busts through the front door holding a cigarette in one hand and her shoes in the other.

"Mom, are you okay? What happened?" I scurry towards her. She looks like she's lost weight. Her eyes scan my markings as her belongings fall to the floor.

"Why did you come back?" My mom sighs.

I'm sorry this is such a short chapter

I'm sorry this is such a short chapter. I'm still not home so I don't have a lot of time to write. I promise I'll be posting as usual as soon as I can! 

Thank you all for reading! Please remember to like, comment, and follow!

(Edited)