Chapter 30. Mermaids

Daisy's POV

That couldn't have been Lauren, right? That would be silly. Why would she be in Greece? The world has a lot of red heads, not just Lauren.

On the bright side, I picked out a simple black bikini. It's so cute! The bottoms cover everything but, on my hips, they have thin strings and the top ties around my neck. Carson picked out a similar one, except it's pink. I think we will look great!

As I lay on the couch with Carson, I grow bored of the same cartoon she has been watching on repeat. Maybe this is some sort of comfort show for her. As long as she's happy, I won't complain but I am bored.

"I'm going to go ask our daddies when we can go swimming." I tell her. She simply nods her head, entranced by the cartoon.

I smile and tip toe to daddy James' room. I want to pop out and scare him!

As I near the door, voices from all three men radiate from his room. Why are they all in there?

I press my ear quietly to the door.

"She's nowhere to be found. My men say she definitely isn't in America because if she were, they'd find her." Drew says in a peeved tone.

Who are they talking about?

"Brother, if she's here I- "Daddy Asher starts but daddy James cuts him off.

"We will know if she's here. We will be on our guard."

Is something bad happening?

Just as I was about to get into the good part, the door swings open, and I fall into the strong chest of Drew. I give him an innocent smile.

"How much did you hear angel?" Daddy Asher asks.

I twiddle my fingers in attempt to calm myself.

"I didn't hear anything daddy. I was just about to knock." I say convincingly.

Or so I thought.

"What caused you to gasp?" Drew asks with folded arms.

Dang it Drew! You should be on my side!

Wait, did he say gasp? I must've gasped and not noticed it.

"I-I stubbed my toe." I lie.

"Princess." Daddy James dominatingly warns.

I sigh in defeat. The more I lie, the more trouble I'll be in.

"What do we need to be on guard for?" I ask everyone.

"We, nothing. Drew, Asher and I, have to be on guard for something that little girls like yourself don't need to concern yourself with." Daddy James says.

I roll my eyes in annoyance.

"Daddy. I'm a big girl." I complain.

"Daisy please. Not this time." Drew looks at me with a sincere half smile.

A heavy feeling fills the room. Is what's going on that bad? I give Drew a small nod to say I understand.

"Can I go swimming now daddy?" I ask what I originally came here for.

"Yes angel, come on." Daddy Asher walks towards me and we walk out of the room.

"Carson, you want to swim?"

She stands up faster than I thought was possible and runs to her room to put her bikini on. I giggle at her excitement.

I go into my room and strip out of my clothes. I love how warm it is here, the sun just feels different. If we were home, it would be freezing right now!