Chapter 34. Barbecue

Daisy's POV

I walk through the doors of my home with my daddies following behind with a few bags in their hands. We left Greece two days ago. After Bria texted me and I got punished for texting her back, my daddies deleted her number from my phone and probably blocked it as well. I wish they'd let me talk to her, but I can see how they don't trust her.

The smell of home wafts into my nose. It's the most comforting smell in the world. My home in the summer is like a mix of citrus and cool breeze and near the holidays it smells more like cinnamon infused pumpkin. I love it.

I've missed home. I really missed Gloria, I have to find her and give her the biggest hug in the world. One day I have to talk her into coming along with us on vacation.

My daddies have been noticeably tense for the past few days. I know it's at least partially my fault but, I wish they'd just let it go.

I turn the corner into the kitchen and find Gloria cooking something that smells amazing. She dances around the kitchen like it's her favorite place to be.

"Gloria!" I say excitedly.

She turns with a big smile on her face.

"How's my girl? How was Greece?" She engulfs me into a tight hug.

"It was lots of fun. I wish you would've come though. I think it'd be a lot of fun if you were there." I try to guilt trip her into going with us next time.

Her chest expands then a sharp breath leaves her nose.

"I've told you before, I have to take care of the house." She squeezes my cheek then turns to continue cooking.

I roll my eyes while her back is turned and take a peek at what she's cooking.

"Barbeque chicken sandwiches with fries and cheese sticks." She informs as if she's reading my mind.

The tang of the barbeque sauce smells so good! It looks delicious, I can't wait to devour all my food.

I help Gloria cook for about five minutes until I get bored and leave. I don't know how some people can cook every day; it can be fun sometimes but definitely not all the time.

I walk into the game room to find daddy Asher already playing one of his games. It's one of his favorites but I can never remember the name of it, all I know is that it has guns, yelling, and big grey buildings. I plop down on the couch next to him and lay my head on his shoulder.

"Hey angel." He sets his controller down and wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"Can we talk about something daddy?" I ask knowing it'll probably make him mad but, I need to get my point across, and daddy James won't let me say anything about the matter. I tried on the plane home multiple times but each time he'd give me the 'I'll punish you' eyes.

"Sure angel." Daddy Asher says as the character in his game gets shot and falls to the ground.

"I know you probably don't want me talking about it but...this is my life and my mistake if I make it. I want to hear Bria out."

His lips form into a straight line. Oh no, he's mad.

"Daisy this isn't up for argument. I know it's your life, but I'm the one who protects your life. If you died, what would my brother and I do? Think about how we, as your protectors and people who love you more than anything in this world, would feel if you weren't here anymore."

A pang of guilt fills my chest.

"She was my sister though..." I whisper out.

"Was she your sister that day in the court room, or that day when we went to the amusement park?" Daddy Asher asks sarcastically.

"That was before she knew the truth!" I try to defend her.

He rolls his eyes. "The truth means nothing if you don't accept it."

He's not wrong, nobody can just make you believe something that you don't want to believe.

"Why do want her back in your life so bad? I don't understand it." His baby blue eyes peer into my big brown ones.

"Sometimes family does stupid things. Even though she's not my blood...she's always taken care of me before all this. She was the only person who knew how to help me after my parents died. Family doesn't always get along, sometimes they hate each other." My chest begins to feel heavy.

Daddy Asher nods his head. I hope he understands my side and how I feel. I'm happy he was at least willing to hear me out.

"For now, the answer is no contact." He says then stands up to walk out of the game room.

I let a sigh fall from my mouth. Why does life have to be so hard?

After an hour Gloria calls us all to come eat. Once again, the tangy barbecue sauce makes my mouth water. I don't eat much barbecue because I'm not a huge fan of it but today, today I'm a fan and it's going to hit the spot.

My stomach growls as Gloria set the plate in front of me. Sauce drips off the side of the sandwich and onto the white plate.

I begin to dig in and take a humongous bite out of the sandwich and struggle to chew it.

"Human bites princess. You're not a dinosaur." Daddy James chuckles.

I scowl at his words. I can be a dinosaur if I want to be.

After swallowing the first bite, I take an equal sized bite again.

"Raawer" I joke with a full mouth.

Both of my daddies laugh and ignore my unladylike humor.

This is the best sandwich ever. I could eat a million and one of these.

When my plate is cleared, I lean back and pat my extended tummy. I'm so full, I don't regret it though. I would do it again if I could go back in time.

Daddy James picks me up and carries me to the living room and gently sets me on the couch. He turns the TV on and puts on a movie for us to watch.

Daddy Asher picks up my legs and slides under them, leaving my legs on top of his lap while daddy James sits behind my back while I lean comfortably against him.

Thank you all for reading! Please remember to vote, comment, and follow!

I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas (or any other holiday you celebrate) and New Years! 

(Edited)