Chapter 26. Fantasy

Daisy's POV

As we drive down the road, my palms begin to sweat. Even the back of my neck is sweating.

I try to distract myself by looking out the window, maybe seeing some beautiful scenery will keep me distracted.

One tree, two tree, three tree, four tree...

Nope not working. How will Carson react? I know Drew said he was okay with it but... will Carson be okay with it?

After twenty minutes of never-ending questions rolling through my head, we come to a stop.

Just like on the paper I wrote, we are in a park, it's lush and full of trees and bushes. People are walking around, it's lively.

Carson looks over at me confused and I immediately advert my eyes. Please don't be awkward.

We all step out of the car and Carson, understandably, looks around confused on why we are here.

"Carson, let me talk to you over there for a second while they set some stuff up." Drew tells Carson. He leads her further away, close to a tree so I can't hear what they are saying no matter how hard I try to eavesdrop.

Daddy Asher and daddy James help each other carry a large dark green blanket out towards a large field. I glance over at Drew and Carson and they're talking, I wish I would hear what they were saying.

After my daddies lay out the large blanket, they come back to the car.

"Come on angel. Let's go sit." Daddy Asher grabs my hand. I take it and watch Drew and Carson as we walk by. She's bouncing. That's usually a good sign.

Daddy Asher sits on the ground then pats his lap for me to sit in it. I slowly lower myself onto his lap while daddy James sits next to us.

"Wait daddy, I don't think we can do this. We could get in trouble. Look around at all the people!" I begin to panic.

I feel daddy Asher's chest extend in a laugh.

"This is our park princess. We won't get in trouble." Daddy James says while reaching for my foot. He slowly slips my shoes off and massages my feet. An attempt to comfort me I'm guessing.

After sitting here for a few minutes, my nerves start to subside. I feel slightly better about what's about to happen. I'm still worried about Carson's reaction but, last time I saw her, she looked happy.

My eyes meet Drew's, my thoughts are completely cut off. He walks hand in hand with Carson. She looks at me happily while she skips along the sidewalk to meet us at the blanket.

A ball of anxiety gets caught in my throat. I feel the struggle to swallow the excess saliva in my mouth.

"Daisy guess what!" Carson yells in excitement as she gets closer to us.

Before I can answer, she runs over and jumps on the blanket next to me and immediately engulfs me into a hug.

"I was scared to admit my feelings too. The night at the tree house, before we went to the amusement park, I was going to ask if we could try something, but I was too embarrassed and scared that you'd never want to talk to me again." Carson admits

Her confession sends a warm wave of relief through my body. I don't love Carson like I love my daddies, but I do want to do things with her. She's pretty, she's my best friend.

Drew lowers himself across from Carson and sits on the blanket.

An awkward silence surrounds us. A thick feeling of awkwardness I've never experienced before.