Chapter 11. Abandoned

Trigger warning: This chapter mentions drug use.

Daisy's POV

     I can't believe I ran into Bria...she never liked amusement parks, she doesn't eat candy, she doesn't like rides because they mess up her hair...why was she there?

If my daddies were found innocent, why won't she just believe it? Does she just need someone to blame? Does she blame me?

Bria is scary when she's mad. I remember one time someone was picking on me and she busted that girl's lip. That was also back when she saw me as her sister, not her enemy.

"Daisy! Time for lunch!" Gloria yells up to my room.

I was playing with my stuffies but then I got sidetracked thinking about what happened yesterday.

I sigh and stand up off the floor, stumbling and almost falling from my feet falling asleep.

Dang it. I hate this feeling; it feels like ants are crawling all over my feet.

When the feeling subsides, I make my way downstairs and sit at the table, alone.

"Where are they?" I ask Gloria.

She smiles and sits next to me.

"They had to go to work today. So, you're stuck with me."

I giggle and take a bite out of my perfectly made sandwich. A steak and cheese with sauteed onions. Yum.

"Can you cook for me for forever?" I borderline beg.

"For as long as I'm alive sweet girl." She kisses the top on my head like a mother would.

"You'll always be alive. You're not allowed to die." I roll my eyes.

Her crow's feet wrinkles crinkle on her face. She's so beautiful, I wonder what she looked like when she was my age.

We talk about my daddies and stories that I've never heard.

Like how when my daddies were thirteen, they threw a party while their mommy and daddy were at this place called Monaco, the party was so big people started coming without being invited and they started behaving wildly. To put a long story short, all the maids and servants plus my daddies had to clean to whole house. She said it took a while day to get the alcohol smell to get out.

After a few stories my sandwich is done, and my food baby is showing.

What is a food baby you might ask?

My tummy has expanded twice the size and it's full of delicious food. My food baby.

I think I'll name it Edgar; I smile to myself.

*Ding*

My phone goes off inside my pocket.

I fish for my phone and finally get it out seeing that it's Lauren.

Lauren:
Hey! Wanna hang out today?

Me:
Can you come over?

I don't really feel like going out today but seeing Lauren would be fun.

Lauren:
Send me the addy and I'll be there.

I send her the address and go through the front door.

I'll wait outside for her.

Sitting on the cool concrete I rub my fingers on the ground. I need to ask my daddies for some chalk.