Chapter 36. Hospital

Daisy's POV

My eyes struggle to open as the bright white light blinds me. Is this the light people say to stay away from?

A machine beeps quickly as I try to stay away from the scary bright light.

"Hey, hey. It's okay Daisy. I need to to try to calm down." Footsteps rush into the room.

If I'm dying, would I hear voices?

A warm hand touches my arm in a comforting manner.

"Daisy, you're okay. You're in the hospital." The voice softens.

The hospital. Right! I was in a car wreck!

"Where are-" I begin.

"James is in surgery and Asher is resting. Both of them are okay."

I struggle once again to open my eyes and what I see baffles me.

My arm is still in the splint that the ambulance woman put on me, dried blood is smeared on my arms and my body just plain hurts.

"You are very lucky, all of you are. James just had a few cuts that needed stitches, Asher had a dislocated shoulder and some stitches, and you have a broken arm. If you guise weren't wearing a seat belt, all of you would've been in critical condition if not worse." The nurse says.

I guess daddy James' surgery is the stitches. At least they are okay. I wouldn't be able to live without them!

The nurse with pretty silver hair hands me a cup. I peer inside and see an orange liquid.

"It's orange juice. I was told you like juice." The nurse smiles.

I return her smile and take a small sip. My body tries to reject the liquid, but I force it down.

"When can I see them?" My voice comes out hoarse and strained.

"They have to be discharged first. I would say a couple of days then all of you will be discharged at the same time."

A couple days? I can't not see them! The last things they remember is me yelling at them and being mad...I'm still a little mad but... I love them more than my anger.

"Can I get you anything before you get put in your cast? She asks.

I shake my head and sip my orange juice.

What will I do for the next few days?

After about ten minutes, an old man with dark grey hair comes into my room with a smile painted on his face.

"Let's get you in that cast." He unhooks my wires.

I nod and set my orange juice on the tray, so I don't spill it over the white sheets.

As he wheels me out of the room and into the hallway, I look into every room that has its doors open and try to find out where my daddies are.

We pass five rooms before he turns into one and closes the door.

Dang it, I didn't see either of them!

"What color would you like your cast?" The man asks.

Hmm. This is a hard question. I love all the colors.

"Take your time and think about it, I have to set stuff up anyways. No rush." He smiles and begins to gather things and lay them on the table.

I think I want yellow. Yellow is a happy color and maybe it'll make this situation a little less hard. Or blue because blue is calming. Or maybe pink because pink is pretty. Ugh! I wish my daddies could help me pick.

"Can't pick?" He chuckles.

I laugh at myself and nod.

"Well what colors are you trying to choose between?" He asks as he sits on the stool in front of me.

"Yellow, blue, and pink." I admit.

The man brings his finger up to his chin and hums.

"I think pink would suit you well."

I smile and nod. At least I got some help!

He carefully takes the splint off of my arm. I hiss in pain even though I know he's being as gentle as he can. I don't recommend breaking your arm.

"How long will I have to wear it?" I ask him shyly. I hate talking to strangers.

"You will have to wear this for six to eight weeks. Your break was clean and small so I would lean more towards six weeks." He says as he cleans the dried-up blood from the wreck off my arm.

That's a long time. I wonder if the wreck turned me into a superhuman and I have secret superpowers that'll heal my arm more quickly. That would be awesome!

I close my eyes and try my hardest to activate my powers but alas; I have none and my arm still hurts.

"You were out for about five days. How are you feeling?" The doctor asks.

Five whole days!

"I just hurt but other than that, I'm good." I try to smile through the pain of him positioning my arm and wrapping it.

After some small talk and the promise of pain medication, the doctor is finally done, and he wheels me back into my room.

"If you need anything, push this button and someone will be in here." He points to a red button on a controller that is attached to the new bed I've been provided.

This is a whole new room. I have a large window and a TV in this room.

A nurse comes in and hooks a bunch of wires to me again and gives me a new cup full of orange juice and some crackers.

My stomach growls in annoyance.

"You haven't eating in five days so crackers will be the only thing that won't hurt your stomach. Tomorrow I'll let you get whatever you want." The nurse tucks the blankets under my legs.

I nod. I guess she knows better than I do.

I turn the TV on and flip through the boring channels until I finally find some cartoons. I've never seen this one before, but it has a cute baby and a dog, so I like it so far!

An idea crosses my mind as I finish my last cracker.

I have a phone, and I know Bria's number, and my daddies would never have to know.

Thank you all for reading! Please remember to vote, comment, and follow!

Would you call Bria?

Have you ever broken anything? If you have, what color cast did you get?

(Edited)