Chapter 39. Visit

Daisy's POV

After eating what I could of my breakfast, my nurse helps me wrap plastic around my cast because it can't get wet. This cast thing is getting really annoying.

Washing my hair with this stupid bulky thing was a struggle. I'm not even sure I got all the shampoo out of my hair.

Now I just wait for my surprise visitors. The bed I'm sitting on is also starting to bother me. I just want to go home; I know they said that they wanted to observe us for a little bit, but we've been here for like three days now. Stupid hospital.

"Daisy!" I hear Carson's voice squeal from the doorway.

My smile reaches from ear to ear.

"Carson! Drew!"

They both speed walk towards me and give me a big hug.

"How're you feeling?" Drew asks.

"I'm good! I'm just ready to leave." I sigh.

"You got a pink cast! Can I sign it?" Carson gasps.

I giggle and nod. She quickly searches Drew for something to write with and finally pulls out a sharpie. I guess businessmen always have pens and sharpies on them, just in case.

She places the tip of the marker on the bubblegum pink cast and begins to sign her name, putting a small heart next to it.

"How's your head? I see some bruises." Drew sits on the end of my bed while Carson wiggles in next to me.

"They said that I was asleep for a while, but I feel perfectly fine. Other than my arm being in a stupid cast." I admit my newfound hatred for the cast.

Drew chuckles and takes the sharpie out of Carson's hand and begins to sign his name on my cast, right under Carson's.

I smile. I have good friends. They didn't have to come here or give me hugs. But they did!

We sit and chat for a little bit, but after two hours, Drew and Carson go and see my daddies. I will definitely miss their company, for now all I have is my nurses. I don't even have Mr. Purr with me.

I stand up from my bed and stretch my legs. I'm so flipping bored. I feel cooped up in this room.

I waddle with my IV drip to the door and see five nurses walking around and doing their jobs, it's much busier during the day than it is at night. I couldn't sneak out in this even if I tried.

"Are you okay? Can I help you with something?" A random nurse asks as she notices me.

"Yeah, I uh, I was just wondering if I could go for a walk or something." I smile.

"Let me go get the nurse assigned to your room and see if she has time to help you." She smiles and gestures for me to go back into my room.

A sigh leaves my lips as I sit back on my bed and wait for my nurse to come in.

After waiting for thirty minutes, I decide to just casually walk out of my room. Nobody so far seems to notice me so, so far so good.

The itch under my cast begins to eat at my skin, making my eyes water. Why? Why itch?

I stop in my track and begin to dig under my cast to relive the itchiness. Which isn't working. My fingers must be too chubby!

"What are you doing out of your room? Come on." My day nurse grabs my IV drip and walks me back down the hall to my room.

I roll my eyes and follow her, knowing I have no other choice. I just wanted to stretch my legs and take a walk.

"Can you scratch under my cast again, please?" I ask sweetly.

She gives me a small side smile and grabs the pencil she used earlier to scratch my itch again.

James' POV

"How was she?" I ask Drew.

His smile lets me know she's okay but, I have to hear it.

"She's good. She talked about wanting to go home. -"

"She got a pink cast!" Carson smiles widely.

I chuckle. I should've known that she would pick pink.

"I think they are letting us out of here tomorrow. I don't know about letting Asher drive anymore though, I rather sit behind the wheel." I laugh to myself.

As Drew and I continue to talk, Carson gets increasingly bored. She's quieter without Daisy. She is just sitting in the chair in the corner of the room, playing with the hem of her dress.

"I'll make sure we get out tomorrow. Then we can plan a picnic or something to celebrate the warming weather."

"Can we have a picnic daddy?" Carson smiles from her seat.

Drew smiles at her in admiration.

"Yes baby. We just need to plan it out and figure out where to go." Drew confirms.

"I think it should be at a flower garden!" Carson says.

That's actually a good idea. The girls would love the flowers and open areas to run around.

Picnic it is.

Thank you all for reading! Please remember to vote, comment, and follow!

I know this is a short chapter. I didn't really know exactly what I wanted to write so this is kind of a filler chapter. I hope it was still decent!

What are your favorite picnic foods? Mine would have to me the sandwiches, I'm a hoe for sandwiches lol.

(Edited)