Chapter 31. I'm Sorry

Bria's POV

After hours of crying and feeling deep regret, I decide to take a shower.

I undress and step into the shower. The water trickles down reminding me of the tears that I've shed.

How could I have been so oblivious?

My father has never hurt me, he never hurt Daisy when she lived with us. So, why now? Why did he hurt her the way that he did?

I shake the thoughts from my head and begin to wash myself.

Lauren told me that we should go over to where she's staying to try to talk to her. I don't think that it's a good idea. I don't want to go to jail for trespassing, especially not in Greece.

I step out of the shower and dry myself off with the towel. I wipe the fog off of the mirror and gaze into it. Bruises continue to plague my face, but the painful swelling has gone down some. My face has aged slightly from the last time I remember looking at myself.

"This is so fucking weird." I sigh.

I throw on some blue sweatpants and a baggy white T-shirt then walk out of the bathroom.

"All I'm saying is that she should do this on her own. She doesn't need us breathing down her neck." Rick explains.

"Do what on my own?" I ask making both of them jump.

Lauren rolls her eyes and points to Rick, "This asshole thinks we shouldn't be there whenever you try to talk to Daisy."

My eyes shift towards Rick then back to her.

"I think it would be best if there wasn't so much pressure. You obviously have a brain injury and added stress can make things worse." Rick shrugs.

"She needs support!" Laurens's arms flail.

"Both of you, shut up." I cross my arms.

They are fighting in front of me, about me, like I'm not here to speak my own mind.

Their eyes land on me as I sit in a nearby chair. Which is very stiff might I add.

"Both of you are right. I need to do this on my own, I need her to understand and not feel threatened by how many people are with me, but I also need support."

"Maybe Rick and I could wait around the corner, if anything happens, we will be right there." Lauren suggests.

"Yes! That's a good idea." I smile at her brilliance.

"When will we do this?" Rick asks while looking at Lauren for an answer.

"They have a few days planned out while they're here. On Wednesday, they have reservations at an art museum, on Friday, they are scheduled to take a tour around Athens, and on Sunday, they reserved a spot on the beach for I think four hours. I'm not sure how long they'll be on the beach for though. They leave on Monday; tickets say the flight is at seven in the morning." Lauren explains to me.

Wow, that's a lot.

"I'll try to choose which day will be best but, for now, can we please get some food. I'm starving!" I jokingly complain.

Drew's POV

After getting Carson out of the bath, we ate dinner which consisted of baked chicken and some kind of rice that was amazing while we watched a movie. The girls didn't favor this dinner, but we will definitely get them something better next time.