Chapter 37. Sneaky

James' POV

To say I was terrified would be an understatement. The woman who hit us was drunk, drunk in the middle of the fucking day. She died from her injuries which is sad but...better her than Daisy.

When we first crash, I was the only one that was conscious. I thought they were both dead, and that was more painful than the nasty gashes on my chest and arms. I saw the EMS woman pulling her out of the car and I tried to get to her, but I was weak, and the man who was helping me wouldn't let me off of the stretcher.

Daisy looked like she was petrified. My heart broke watching as she tried to follow my voice.

Luckily now, I know both her and my brother are okay and breathing. I know Daisy got the worst of it with a broken arm. I would trade places with her any day if I could.

"Sir, you need to stop touching your stitches." A nurse says through the door.

I look down and realize that I'm absentmindedly rubbing the strings. I nod and rub my hands over my face.

Last I heard, Daisy was getting her cast put on. I can't wait to see her. I miss her so much right now.

"You have a call sir. The phone is on your right." The same nurse from before says from my door.

I wince as the cut stretch out with my arm and pick up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Is this James?" A female voice says from the other line.

"It is." I answer shortly.

"How is Daisy? Is she okay?" She asks.

"Who is this?" I ask confused.

"It's Carson silly! Now how's Daisy?" Carson laughs causing my head to pound.

I smile. She's a good friend.

"She is okay. Last I heard, she's getting a cast put on her arm. She hit her head pretty hard and was sleeping for about five days but she's good." I inform.

"Thank goodness! I'm happy you all are okay. Can me and daddy come see you, Asher, and Daisy?" She asks sweetly.

I smile. "I would have no problem with that. Make sure you see Daisy first so you can tell me how she is and what color cast she picked out."

She quickly agrees then hands the phone to Drew.

We talk for a little bit then we hang up.

I need a shower.

Daisy's POV

My cast feels heavy and annoying. I already want it off, but the nurses said that I have to keep it on, but the time will fly.

I hardly believe them but, I can't take it off myself, so I guess I'm stuck like this.

While poking at the bruises on my arms, I think about what I should do regarding the Bria situation. I want to call her, but I know I'll be in trouble if they ever found out. I really don't want to be the cause of anxiety or anger right now so...I won't do what I want for the sake of others.

"Guess what." One of the nurses come in holding something behind their back.

I try to see but her wide hips block it completely.

"Is it a kitty?" I smile.

She laughs. "Now how could I bring a kitty into the hospital? It's a note." She hands me the note that's written in daddy Asher's handwriting.