Chapter 10. Eating Contest

James' POV

     When the ride stops, we pass Drew and his little. Carson is overwhelmed with excitement. She's jumping and squirming while tugging on his arm.

She's definitely an adrenaline junkie. My princess definitely isn't.

I walk with Daisy to Asher who's been waiting.

"Was it fun angel?" He asks looking up from his phone.

Her eyes grow wide, and she looks at me then back at him. I can't help but smirk.

She was so sexy on that rollercoaster. She kept her eyes closed most of the ride, either from pleasure or fear, maybe a mix of both.

"It was okay." She answers in a small voice.

Asher looks at me and chuckles.

"She was scared, wasn't she?" He asks me.

"Yeah, I think she had fun though." I look down and see her mindlessly looking around.

We watch as Drew and Carson get strapped in. The ride makes a hissing sound, it makes a few clicking noises and begins to move forward.

"Daddy?" Daisy tugs on my arm.

I give her a short hum to tell her I'm listening.

"Can we get snacks?" She asks cutely. How could I say no to that cute little face?

"Yes princess, let's wait for Drew and Carson."

Her whole body wiggles in excitement. I love that little wiggle.

She does it when she's happy, excited, or eating something that tastes really good.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I hear a familiar voice.

I quickly turn around to see what's going on.

I see Daisy staring wide eyed and the voice.

My eyes shift to where she's looking, and my blood begins to boil.

"You can go." I shoo her away.

Daisy doesn't look away and her eyes start to water.

Fuck.

"You can go fuck yourself you creepy "let me buy her" murderous fuck!" Bria yells.

I roll my eyes.

Asher steps in front of Daisy and hides her from Bria's view.

Bria steps closer to them and I step in front of them both cutting her off.

"She's having fun. I suggest you go and do the same." I tell her. I can't lay a female out; I'll get arrested so fast.

Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for this girl. She can't control who her father was. She doesn't even know what he-

"My dad loved you, you little whore. He gave you everything he could and you're covering for his murderers. You know damn well my dad never touched a hair on your fucking head!" She yells.

She knows? Did Daisy talk to her?

"Get the fuck out of here before I call security!" I yell startling her.

She takes a step back and looks at me utterly shocked.

What? You think I'm going to let you continue to cause a scene?

She shakes her head.

"Fuck all of you." She backs away.

I assume she's going home now; I hope.

I look at Daisy, her face is red, and a tear falls from her eye.

"Don't cry angel, she's gone." Asher wipes her tear away.

She wraps her arms around his neck then stuffs her face into the crook of his neck.

His arms wrap around her protectively.

"I know princess. I know." I rub her back.

"What happened?" Drew asks holding Carson.

Carson looks at me with sad eyes, as if she's saying, 'why is my best friend crying'.

I sigh.

"Bria happened." I fill them in.

Drew sets Carson down and holds her hand.

"Daisy." He walks up to her.

"Daisy, she's not taking them away again. James and Asher aren't going anywhere." Drew tries to comfort her.

Is that what she's afraid of? Is that why she's crying? She's scared we're going to be arrested again...

Daisy's sad wet eyes look up at Drew.

My heart fills with hurt.

"Drew." She holds out her arms.

Asher hands her over to Drew and she gives him a hug.

I'm happy she likes him now, but it kills me knowing how she came to like him. She started liking him while Asher and I were in jail and going through trial.

Once he sets Daisy down, I wipe her salty tears. She doesn't deserve any of this.

All my princess deserves is happiness and peace but for some reason she has to go through betrayal and pain.

After Carson hugs Daisy we all go to a food stand that sells funnel cakes, we each get one and find a picnic table to sit at.

Daisy insists that we go to a water park this summer then Carson agrees along with her.

I was thinking of taking everyone out the country for a couple weeks. Will I tell them that? No. I'll probably have it be a surprise.

I was thinking somewhere like Italy or Spain maybe even somewhere else.

I'll have to talk to Asher and Drew about it later.

The girls have a funnel cake eating contest. They both stuff their mouths causing powdered sugar to sprinkle on their clothes.

Carson comes in first place and Daisy has one bite left.

"I win!" Carson throws her hands in the air in victory.

You win an upset stomach with eating all that sugar so fast.

We get on a few more rides. Round Up, that ride could make anyone dizzy from how fast it spins and the swings.

Daisy was hesitant with getting on the swings, she didn't like how high up she would be, but Carson talked her into it.

We become pooped out from the rides and decide that it's time to go home.

We pile up in the car and start to drive.

I think everyone had a good time. I sure did, other than seeing Bria again.

I have a feeling this isn't the last time I'll see her.

Thank you all for reading! Please remember to vote, comment, and follow!

Do you think Daisy needs to learn how to stand up for herself and fight back?

(Edited)