Chapter 38. Night Nurse

Daisy's POV

"Please don't make me go back yet. I'm sorry I didn't ask ma'am. I just wanted to see my d-boyfriend. Please let me see them." I fold my hands in begging formation.

I hear her exhale a deep breath and see her roll her eyes.

"Okay. Only for an hour, then I need you back in your room. I'll walk with you. Which room is it?" She asks.

"Room 218!" I say happily. I can't believe she is letting me do this! She seems so crabby and mean but...only a nice person would let me do this. She has to be nice deep down.

I follow her lead as we walk to daddy Asher's room. When we finally get there, I tell her 'Thank you' then quietly walk into the room and close the door behind me.

Faint snores get louder as I near his bed.

He's so handsome when he's asleep. I just want to give him a big kiss, but I don't want to hurt him. I don't even know how he is so I can't just jump on him and start attacking him with love.

There is a small cut on his lip and a nasty bruise on his neck, but I don't see any casts or scary things.

"Daddy." I say quietly as I shake his arm gently.

His eyes leisurely open and look at me with worry.

"Angel! I'm so happy you're okay. I'm sorry for what happened. I didn't see that car coming and I should've been paying better attention." He sits up and hugs me tightly.

I smile and bask in his embrace.

"I'm not hurt that bad daddy. I just needed a cast. I know I slept lots, so I feel very rested." I smile wide to show him I'm okay.

Daddy Asher scoots over in his bed and pats she sheets for me to sit with him, which I happily do.

"I'm sorry for being so mad daddy. If I weren't so mad then, then maybe we wouldn't have gotten hurt." I admit.

His finger lifts my chin, so my eyes look directly into his.

"This was not your fault angel. The person who hit us was driving drunk. It's their fault."

"Is the person who hit us okay?" I tilt my head.

Daddy Asher's thumb grasps my chin making my bottom lip pull down.

"No angel, I don't think they are." He says honestly.

I nod, understanding that means that the person probably died. I don't like when people die. Knowing that some people have to die alone makes my heart sad.

His lips softly kiss mine as we sit in the bed together. He kisses me slowly, as if there isn't a hurry in the world. It was passionate, but not dominating.

"How long until you have to get back?" Daddy Asher asks.

I sigh and look at the clock on the wall. As I struggle to actually read the time, I realize that I only have ten minutes left. I lay my head on his shoulder and snuggle into his chest.

"Ten minutes daddy." My eyes begin to water as our time is coming to an end.

He kisses the top of my head and plays with my hospital gowns strings.

"You'll see me when we get out angel. Don't be sad." Daddy Asher coos.

I nod, still holding my tears in as I continue to snuggle with him. I'm not ready to leave yet but, the nurse was nice enough to let me break the rules and I shouldn't take advantage of that.