Chapter 29. Realization

Bria's POV

The layover was in Ireland. I never imagined going to a place like that. It was a lot more beautiful than I expected.

Currently, we are driving around Greece looking for a hotel that isn't too packed.

I don't know how to feel about the evidence against Daisy. He wouldn't let me see the pictures until after we were where we needed to be.

If this isn't a job, then why did we come to Greece?

"If I'm not working for you, then why are we here?" I boldly ask.

Rick's eyes shift from the road to me then back to the road.

"Because Lauren and Daisy are both here. Lauren has been keeping tabs on her. It's crazy how much research she's done, Lauren would do anything to help you." He stops the car outside of a luxurious home. Beautifully made of white stones.

"This is where Daisy is staying." He points towards the house.

My stomach turns.

She's in there?

"Can we go to the hotel? I want to see the pictures." I sigh at the end.

He nods and begins to drive once again.

I watch the trees breeze by until Rick stops at a small hotel.

"This is probably the best we will find." He admits.

It looks small but beautiful.

As he walks inside to get us a room, I pull out my phone to see if Daisy has tried to reach out to me.

Nothing.

A stray tear falls from my eye, and I quickly wipe it away.

Please God, please don't let Daisy be involved. I don't think my heart could handle it. I... I couldn't.

"Let's go." Rick says from behind me, startling me.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He turns me to face him. He wipes a straggled tear that I never noticed fall from my eye.

I sigh.

"I just found out that I lost my dad...and my last memory with him...wasn't really my last memory with him. We spent more time together, but I don't remember. I can't remember anything Rick." My chest heaves.

His arms wrap protectively around me.

"I know. I know you're scared, confused, lonely. I know." He coos into my ear.

As we stand there in the middle of the parking lot, a cool breeze whooshes past us.

Maybe it's a sign from my dad?

I lean away from Rick and give him a shy smile.

"I'm sorry. I got your shirt wet." I laugh at my stupid outburst of tears.

He takes my hand and rubs his thumb along the knuckles.

"I don't mind." He reassures.

I smile as we carry our bags into the small hotel room.

Luckily the room has two queen sized beds, a small TV, a bathroom in the far-left corner, and oddly enough, a bathtub in plain sight.

Now why would a bathtub be out in the open like that?

"Are you a lesbian?" Rick plainly asks.

My face contorts into confusion.

"Why would you think I'm a lesbian?" I ask slightly offended. I've never been in a relationship, let alone with another female.