Chapter 24. Flight Two

Daisy's POV

The plan to stay up all night didn't pull through. I think we fell asleep somewhere around three in the morning. Daddy Asher came in here and woke us up a little while ago. I still feel groggy, I should have slept more. I regret staying up way past my bedtime.

Carson lets out a loud yawn before she opens the bathroom door. I giggle and continue to brush out my hair until the brush gets stuck in a big knot and yanks my scalp.

"Ouch!" I hiss quietly.

I hate brushing my stupid hair. The only thing that was good about not having hair was not having to brush it out every day.

I work the brush through the knot while Drew walks into the room.

"Where's Carson?" He asks while looking around the room.

My finger points to the bathroom door to signal that she's in there.

"You two are going to sleep good on the plane." Drew laughs.

I take a note on how sluggish my body feels as I yawn into my hand. He's probably right. Despite being afraid of the plane, I hope I can sleep.

"How long will this ride be?" I ask knowing I've already been told but I'm too tired to remember.

"Four hours, give or take. Not nearly as long as yesterday's flight."

Good. At least I won't have to suffer for long if I can't sleep.

Carson sleepily walks out of the bathroom and plops herself on Drew's lap and throwing her arms over his shoulders without saying a word. He rubs her back softly and hums while I grab my toothbrush to brush my teeth.

After I brush my teeth, we walk slowly to the car. Well Carson and I walk slowly while our daddies have to keep stopping so we can keep up.

Finally, we get into the car, and we sit in the same seats that we sat in yesterday. I lay my head on the frosted window and close my eyes.

Before I know it, I'm being lifted up by a warm body and taken out of the car. My arms flail outwards and my feet kick whoever is taking me.

"Relax princess. You're okay. It's me." Daddy James whispers.

I look up and realize that it's not a kidnapper. A sigh of relief expels through my chest.

"I'm sorry daddy." I tell him. I know I gave him a few good kicks.

"It's okay princess. I'm not upset." He kisses the top of my head as we walk through the airport's doors.

We all do the same thing we did the first time. We let them weigh some bags, take the ones that are too heavy, take off our shoes and accessories, walk through a big beeping thingy that this time didn't beep so I don't have to be frisked and lastly sitting in a row of chairs to wait for them to call our flight number.

Eventually, they call our flight number and we once again, do exactly what we did last time. I touch the outside of the plane and quickly ask it to not kill us before walking inside.

I sit next to Carson and Drew this time. It makes me a little nervous to not be sitting with either of my daddies, but Drew is a good bean. He will protect us. I strap on the seatbelt as tight as it would go and take a deep breath.

"Lay back. It'll be okay. Nothing bad will happen. I pinky promise." Drew offers his pinky finger and I hesitantly take it. A smile spreads across his face at my choice in trusting him.