Chapter 28. Watch Her

James' POV

I was completely surprised that Daisy's fantasy included a public place. She is extremely shy over her body, but I guess why she wanted it to be late in the evening.

As soon as her and Carson went to sleep, my brother, Drew, and I went into the living room to listen to the voicemail that Bria left for Daisy.

I sit on the armchair in front of the coffee table while Asher and Drew sit on the couch facing me,

I search through Daisy's phone until her voicemail screen shows up.

I slowly click the play button and toss her phone on the coffee table. My stomach turns in anger as I'm afraid Bria will try to hurt Daisy, once again.

The speaker crackles slightly before her voice comes through.

"Hey DeeDee. Something weird is going on. I somehow lost my memory or something. People have told me that I was fighting but I don't remember that. But please, call me as soon as you can, I'm borderline freaking out." The voicemail ends.

"Is this some kind of fucking trick?" Asher's face twists in disgust.

"She sounded sincere. Like she was honestly confused." Drew comments.

"Or she's a good actress." I add.

Asher cracks his fingers in anger.

I clear my throat, trying to let some of my anger out as well.

"It isn't safe to let Daisy talk to her. I won't allow it." Asher's lips paint a in a thin line across his face.

I nod agreeing.

"What do we do about this?" Drew asks.

The rings through my head. What do we do? What can we do?

"Maybe we should have some of our men watch her." Drew states.

"Yeah. Good idea, let's definitely do that." I agree. With eyes on her at all times, we will know her angle, if there is one.

"If this is a trick...I'll have her killed. I don't care if she's a female." My brother seethes.

"Relax brother. Don't be so unconstrained. That's when you make mistakes." I inform.

Asher is smart, but very impulsive at times. Being impulsive in these kinds of situations can be the end of us.

"Let me go call my men. I'll see you both in the morning." Drew stands up with a sigh.

I nod and watch him retreat to his room.

"I'm serious James. She's got to have an angle. How much of a coincidence does it have to be to lose her memory then call someone she utterly wants to destroy." Asher makes his point.

I can't say that I don't agree with him. Something feels fishy.

"A pretty big coincidence." I admit.

Asher and I sit in silence until he abruptly stands up.

"I have to go for a walk. Get some of this energy out." He walks towards the front door.

"Alright. Don't stay out too long." I say as he slips his shoes on.

He walks out the door and quietly shuts it behind him.

I should go check on the girls before I sleep.

Walking down the hallway, I stop at Carson's room and slowly creak open the door.