Chapter: 2

She freshened up and changed into a grey turtleneck sweater and a pair of black dress pants. 

She walked downstairs to the mess hall. There was no sound of chattering, utensils clicking against each other, feet dragging across the floor. 

Do anything of those and you'll conceivably end up tidying up the mess hall.

Andrea glanced across the hall, to spot a certain blond and walked towards his seat and sat next to him.

She began to eat in silence until someone cleared their throat behind her.

 She turned to see Auster standing with his hands clasped behind.

"Madam Marcela wishes for you to sit next to her"

Andrea looked up from her tray to see her mother staring at her from the superior's table. She sighed and stood up and followed Auster and sat next to her mother.

"I'm sure you're aware about-"

"Yes, Casper told me" if it was anyone else who interrupted Marcela, they would have been deceased. 

"That boy can never keep his mouth shut can he?" Her distaste for Casper was rather obvious, she didn't even bother to conceal it. It wasn't likely gonna be too soon till that boy tells her everything. 

"Why can't you befriend anyone other than him?" Marcela disputed.

 Andrea hesitated in the middle of putting the piece of steak in her mouth.

"Let's just say that everyone other than Casper would prefer to speak with a Perium than even look at me" Andrea mumbled.

"And why is that?"

"Maybe it's because they heard stories or maybe-"

"Either way it seems like they fear you, and that's good"  Her gloved fingers wrapped around the stem of the glass and sipped the pale copper liquid.

Pinot Grigio. Her favourite.

Andrea constantly marvelled why she always wears gloves. She was about 40 and she still looked pulchritudinous.

 Not a single wrinkle was spotted on her face. Andrea invariably gaped why she didn’t look like her.

She said that she had inherited her father’s looks. When she asked who her father was, she always said he was an unfortunate man and he didn’t have the right to live but never reacted when she asked where he was currently.