Chapter: 37

"How did she die?" She asked before she could stop herself.

The bouncing off his leg froze, the grip on his screwdriver tightened as his jaw clenched.

There is a short moment of silence between both the siblings.

"I was six, a few months after your birth, " he began, his eyes fixated on the game as if avoiding eye contact, "she came back from her trip from Helker, a day or two passed by. We were being informed of the sudden deaths of the members. Dad was really getting nervous about her, a week passed by and she was still active as ever,"

"It was Ludere season and she dropped me off at Divinus, to let me watch a match. It was in the middle of the night when Morgana came into my room and told me she was," he gulped, “Gone. Gone forever"

"I thought she was joking, but she wasn't someone who would normally come into someone's room and tell their mother is dead."

"I asked her about you. She paused, as if trying to tell it to me the best way possible. There really wasn't. Different words, same meaning."

"They integrated dad, he was on the suspects list. A few days later they informed us that it was the Sicariurs."

"Dad hadn't been home a few times, I woke up in the middle of the night. He wasn't there like mom. A father can't even play half of the role of the mother without complaining."

 "That's why I lived with Sally's parents for a while. They comforted me. They all did. Dad moved into Divinus. We lived together."

"And that was when I found my love for inventing gadgets, like my dad. He taught me, gave me advice and tips. It was a great coping mechanism for the both of us,"

"Then, we found you." He smiled at her, not an actual smile more like a little tilt on his lips.

"One hundred and fifty points for Furvus!"

"Team Furvus wins!"

Loud cheers burst from the stands, kids and teens with black and silver paint on their faces yelled in triumphant, banners and flags whirling in the air.  

All the team Vorkus scrunched their eyes shut and crouched down gripping the sides of their disks. Andrea stared in confusion, within a second their disks powered off, they fell all the way from up in the sky, a gust of wind was let out from underneath their disks as they dropped on their backs.

Unlike team Vorkus the Furvuses landed smoothly.

One of the eliminators from the team Vorkus held one of his teammates by the collar of their heather jacket and screamed at his face, the young boy just responded by looking down.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" Garren rushed down. Andrea looked around, Aurella was no longer anywhere in sight. 

She picked up Garren's coat, tool box and the disk he was repairing. She walked down near their fight making sure to keep distance. They were in a crowd screaming and yelling obscenities at each other.

"We won fair and square! you shitty Losers just can't come to accept your place!" One yelled.

Andrea noticed a lanky looking man enter the field with two bottles of wine bottles.

"Who wants victory wine!" He exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air.

He mumbled to himself as his face contorted into a frown and sat at the bottom of the bleachers watching the fight with amusement as he took a swig.

"Stop it! Stop it!" Garden yelled along with Sally and Callista.

Leo pulled out the young boy from the crowd and shoved him, giving the boy an opportunity to run away.