Chapter: 39

"Good evening Mr Garren," the receptionist greeted as they entered the building.

"Good evening Tessa. Have you seen Aurella by any chance?"

"Yes, she was with Lauranda here a few minutes ago."

"Where did they go?"

"I do not know,"

"When you see her let me know, okay?"

"I will,"

Andrea and Garren walked into the elevator, he stared at the floor lost in his thoughts.

 The last thing she wanted to do was interrupt him and reassure him with false words, giving him the false kind of hope.

They entered his lab, Aurella was nowhere to be seen.

 But there was something new in the room that caught Andrea's eyes, it was an armor like attire, poison green lines traced down the torso and arms on a mannequin in a large display box.

"This is one of my latest creations, we shall call it 'The Stealth Suit'. It consists of a buckle vest, one of the spots where you can hide your weapons, combat gloves and boots, utility belt, thigh and arm holster, shoulder, knee and elbow pads. It is also connected to your computer wristband"

The lights in the display box turned off and the green lines were visible.

"It is an electrically powered suit, causing the piping in the suit to glow. It has a heat shield and it is made out of smart fabric, so it has motion sensors to adapt to the state of your environment."

"It is also form fitting, meaning no matter the amount muscles, weight you gain or lose, it'll fit you like a glove,"

The lights turned back on with a snap of his fingers and turned to face her.

"What do you think?" He asked with a smirk.

"Impressive, how did you manage to do all of it in such a short period of time?"

"I wouldn't have been able to finish it without a little help,"

"Who?"

"Dad. He's at a meeting," he paused before saying, "oh and don't tell dad… about what happened at the pitch,"

"What happened at the pitch?"

"You fe-" he froze and a mischievous smile grew on his lips, 

"You really are one of us,"

"Go try the suit on," the monitors beeped and the display glass slid open. He carefully removed the suit from the figure and handed it to her,

"The changing room is right there," he pointed his finger at the door that was at the very end of the room.

                                 She walked in the suit with her arms out. Garden remained quite,

"You look just like her," his voice barely audible and soft, he blinked away the tears that he didn't know were beginning to form.

So emotional.

"Let's put it to a test," he picked up a white metal rod, placed it on his thigh and broke it in half and swished it back and cutlass blades came out from both the rods. 

He placed one on the table.

"Ready," the sound of gears turned as her blade came out as well.

"Fight!"

Both charged towards each other, their blades clashed in a parry. 

He immediately brought his blade down as she lifted her arm slamming the hilt of her sword to his temple, not that hard and not that soft either.

He stepped back wincing, pressing his palm against his wound. Andrea began to slightly worry, she walked to him,

"Are you alright?"

He bent down, she poked his shoulder with her finger, she repeated the same action twice. 

She did it again, he raised his head up punching her stomach sending her back, she looked up to see him smirking.

"Never show sympathy or mercy to your opponent," 

He spun the cutlass and ran towards her, Andrea moved to the side, within a split second she bent her arm and thwacked him on the back sending him to the floor.

"Good job," he groaned, his cheek pressed against the floor, "I'll beat your ass later, we got a meeting at," he glanced at the watch, "In twenty minutes."

He stood up straightening his collar and placing his cutlass back "I was just going easy on you,"

"Let's go, we should get something to eat before we go to the meeting" he suggested.

                               The moon was out, which was in contrast to the dark sky. The car stopped In front of a pink themed bakery.

"Vanilla, strawberry or chocolate?" Garden asked her.

"What?" She mused, distracted by the new settings in her watch.

"Which flavor?"

"Which flavor of what?"

"Cake, ice-cream, boba, popsicle, whatever you want,"

"You choose it for me," 

"I don't even know what you like and don't like!"

"What was the point of me filling that form then?

Cursing under his breath he stepped out of the car and entered the bakery.

He came back a few minutes later with a lunch bag and a sealed cup with a straw inserted in it.

He got in the car and passed her the cup filled with a dark pink liquid, there were black balls floating in it.

"What the hell is this?" She exclaimed.

"Raspberry boba tea, go on."

 "That was her favorite drink," she heard him mumble.

She caught a glimpse of the gloomy look on his face which lasted for a split second.

He pulled out his chocolate sandwich and began munching as continued to drive. Andrea slowly slurped the drink so she wouldn't get another brain freeze. 

The sweet sour taste dominated her tongue. She clicked her tongue in impressiveness. It tasted like a bliss sent straight down from heaven.

"Done," she said, handing him the cup which now only had the black balls.

"You're supposed to eat them too," he glanced at the cup pointing his finger at them.

She took off the seal and lifted the cup, dropping one in her mouth.