Chapter: 7

"I'm here to notify you that you'll be going on a mission with the blond boy tomorrow, be prepared at two! I don't want either of you to be late."

Andrea just gave a subtle nod.

"I have heard about ya unsuccessful attempt to win against someone with……. Teleportation." 

"unsuccessful attempt to win" meaning "he's still alive"

Andrea scowled at him before answering. "Says the rusty man who wouldn't have endured a minute"

"Are ya challenging me?"

"I wouldn't call you a challenge, more like a chore,"

"Watch your mouth, runt. Just because you're Marcela's daughter doesn't mean I will not hesitate to harm you" he scoffed and proceeded. "You're not even her daughter, to begin with"

Andrea stayed silent for a few seconds to grasp what he said. Resentment simmered inside her before she could torment him, she slammed the door shut. 

She could hear his faint laughter as he left. She clenched and unclenched her hands and sat down at her study table and went back to her task but she couldn't help but get lost in what Auster said.

"You're not even her daughter, to begin with"

But she was like her even if she didn't look like her.

Right?

 She looked nothing like her.

 From various aspects they were different, like how Marcela would incline toward to use guns while she preferred swords or daggers, Marcela had no food allergies but she did, Marcela was tall and had a light complexion, while Andrea was short and had a darker complexion, Marcela had blonde hair and icy blue eyes, however she had brown hair and silver eyes.

It was as if puzzle pieces in her life that were lurked away from her were now in her hands, all she had to do was construct a picture, but how can when she had this feeling that there were more pieces hidden. 

She rested her back against the chair bringing her knees to her chest and stared at the carpeted floor. 

Well, that explained why she was an emotionally unresponsive mother. They had the remotest yet the closest bond. She told her everything and nothing.

Should she ask her?

But she didn't want to look like a dolt In front of her.

Or was she just too scared to take that risk and find out that she wasn't her mother? 

It was like trying to find the difference between dusk and dawn, and knowing it was dawn but declining it because of not wanting to start another new day.

A new perspective.

Maybe Auster was just messing with her.

Yeah.

She convinced herself that for momentary satisfaction. 

Knock! Knock!

The unexpected knock on the door startled her and brought her back to reality.

The reality, the least place she wanted to stay at. 

"Come in"

"You missed lunch again" she rotated her chair to see Casper struggling to shut the door with his feet since his hands were occupied with two trays filled with food. 

She rushed towards him and grabbed the tray with the great amount of food and sat back down.

"Thanks, so how are you feeling?" he said, setting his tray on the table. 

She gave a thumbs-up as she stuffed her mouth with a sandwich and he smiled and started eating himself. The pair ate in silence until Andrea concluded to cut it as she was done eating.

"Do you have any missions to attend to?"

"Yes, after a few hours"

"Will you come back?"

"Yes"

"Casper"

He hummed in response as he gulped his water.

"Don't you think a mother is supposed to share at least a bit of her to her child?"

He made a face as if he ate something pungent. 

"And why are you asking this?"

"For your sentiments, of course"

Andrea noticed his stiffness and lack of eye contact. 

"Well, um… not.. not really. Like isn't ...like love and bond…. Like the important thing… I don't know Andrea, maybe you should...you should…. ask someone else."

"Do you think Marcela is my mother?"

"Why do you ask?"

"I just wandered around in my head"

"You're always wandering around in your head Andrea, so um. What are these notes on your table for?"

She acknowledged his way of redirecting the question.

"Don't swerve the topic, Casper? Is Marcela related to me anyhow?" danger and impatience laced her tone.  

He gulped.  

She stared at his face intently, his pupils went up and then left, then looked at her and answered.

"Of course she's your mother. I've seen her with you since you were an infant."

Lies. Raw lies.

"I'm going to go now. I should get these trays to the mess hall before Auster catches me." He gave apprehensive laughter as he picked up the empty trays.

"This is your last chance, Casper. Tell me the truth"

He peered at her poker face, speculating about whether he should explain to her or not. 

"I don't know…" he mumbled and left.

Andrea glared at the door he left from, whirling the Glock 26 in her hand.