Chapter: 33

The blazing sun casts its glaring rays on the smooth tiled floor. Clouds were latched to the unending sky.  The beaked chorus of birds filled the air, the hummingbirds darted through the wind. 

They stood In front of a white marble mausoleum. The large glistening door slid open as Callista pressed her card. 

"This is the Magnus House," she whispered to Andrea as the six of them entered.

The area was immense with an octagonal table in the centre, people stood around it in their official uniforms; a white mock shirt, leather jacket, slacks and a utility belt. Their official uniforms were a stark contrast to the six of theirs clothes.

 A door just directly In front of the main door slid open and a couple came out with their arms hooked. 

One was Bradford the other one Andrea did not recognize. 

She had a bouffant hairstyle which made Andrea wonder whether she sat or stood while sleeping to not ruin her hair.

 Her red-rimmed vulpine eyes contemplated Andrea. She was attired in a 90s style black strap dress and a Madonna veil hat.

"She looks just like her," she murmured to her husband.

"Yes she does Morgana, yes she does."

As they all gathered around the table the lights dimmed and a hologram of space was projected illuminating all of their features.

"We caught four Sicariurs the other night," Bradford began, inexplicably Andrea found herself invested, the nerves swimming in her stomach.

"I'm not sure. I'll be on a mission with the crew, we were informed they found something at the warehouse, but it was gone." Casper answered as they started to walk to her room.

Four images of beaten up Sicariurs appeared, a few which Andrea recognized. Unconsciously she let out a relieved sigh, causing Garren, Lauranda, Bradford and his wife to glance at her.

He began making them and concluded that there were more and that they hid or ran away.

"How were they caught?" Callista asked.

"We tricked them into thinking we had a secret weapon, and surprisingly they fell for it just like how a rat falls for a trap," Morgana replied with a small smile with a gleam in her eyes, Andrea couldn't tell whether it was from the hologram or the pridefulness she felt.

The image shifted back to the galaxy and one particular planet caught her eyes. Not just because it was large and a darker shade of ochre, but also because it was in a cuboid. 

Andrea elbowed Callista, taking her attention away from Bradford assigning a task to Lauranda and Garren.

"Which planet is that?" She asked in a low voice.

"That's Helker,"

"Why is it in a cuboid?"

"Because there is a cuboid box covering it so no unauthorized people can enter,"

"Why?"

"We sent a few Divinuses there to investigate the place but they never returned, then we sent another batch they came back but a few days later they didn't wake up from their sleep"

"Why?"

"I don't know, they weren't sick before, there wasn't a sign that they had a fever. They just……. died."

"Why?"

"I just told you I don't know,"

"Then ask Bradford,"

"What? You ask him if you want to know so badly,"

"Just ask him, he's more likely to answer distinctively to you than me"

"What makes you think that?"

"Just ask him"

Callista let out an annoyed sigh, "the things I do for you, you seriously owe me one,"

She raised her hand catching everyone's attention, "Sir, remember the two batches we sent to Helker, why did the second batch die a few hours after their arrival?"

"We do not know Callista, we put a halt to that case for now,"

"But those were our people, they deserve their rights." Sally added, "The reason for their deaths should be solved, and you're seriously not gonna go and look for the missing first batch"

"We would be putting more lives in danger if we ought to continue"

Though Callista protest, “But that's not fair, they-"

"Enough!" Garden yelled, "didn't you hear what he said or are your ears just stuffed with-"

"Garren," Morgana interrupted in a warning tone.

The lights brightened and the hologram turned off. 

Bradford let out a sigh, "you all are dismissed," he added, "except Andrea,"

Everyone strolled out, Callista brushed her arm against her's and murmured, "good luck, don't say no bullshit"

As the room was only filled with Andrea, Morgana and Bradford, he began.

"I know you asked Callista, my eyes may never be on everyone at once, but remember my ears are always open. Helker is no place for Divinuses, and that is a sweet experience we learnt was a bitter mistake. Do not do anything foolish" he turned and left from the door he entered, leaving Morgana and Andrea alone.

"Andrea Beaufort Adele," she half-heartedly whispered to herself, "you're just like your mother,"

"I've been told,"

"But you need to learn how to be yourself, though I don't think you have trouble with that, do you?"

"No,"

"So how has your time spent in Divinus gone?"

"It's rather decent," she answered in her usual deadpan tone.

"Is it like this with the Sicariurs..?"

"No,"

"Why were you so curious about Helker?" She took slow calculated steps towards her.

"It just looked intriguing,"

"You had nothing else in mind?"

"No, " she might or might not have lied.

"Your mother was one of the crew members in the first batch,"

"She was one of the very few people that lived long, though her death had nothing to do with her trip from what I'm aware of. She died differently."

"How did she die?"

"Oh dear, I don't think I'm the right person to tell you that,"

"Who is it then?"

"When the time comes you shall know," she smiled at her through her lace veil, "you are dismissed"

Andrea turned to leave, "oh and Andrea, Bradford loves The Beatles"

She gave her confused look as she just sent her a wink and left. 

Andrea walked out the main door, to see Leo leaning against the wall facing her. Andrea swore her stomach almost came out of her mouth in fear that he might've overheard her previous conversation with Morgana.

He strolled towards her with his hands in the pockets of his jacket.

"How did your day go?" He asked casually.

"Fine,"

"Did you lose a weapon?"

"No, why do you ask?"

"Well, I just wanted to know if this somehow belonged to you," he pulled out a gun from the pocket of his jacket, not just any gun.

A Glock 26.