Chapter: 18

Andrea looked down beside her to see Ahlia, she was one of the Divinuses Casper caught yesterday. She was crouched at the very far corner of the prison cell. 

Her hands were cupped with the energy-absorbing handcuffs, and she looked like she didn't smell very pleasant. 

Sensing her presence she looked up revealing her blotchy and scarred face, her brittle hair shadowing her face.  "Please" her voice was raspy and cracking, "can I ...can I..have some water?.."

Her tongue was parched, eyelids felt as if they were made out of iron, she was furnished.

Andrea looked at both ends of the hallway, she kneeled to hand her the water bottle and then she realized that Ahlia couldn't hold the bottle.

 Sighing Andrea swiped her wrist across the scanner. With a rattling sound, the gates opened.

Andrea brought the mouth of the bottle to her lips, water poured down the corners of her mouth. Disgusted and feeling uncomfortable in the cell Andrea pulled away. 

She used her card and unlocked the handcuffs and handed the bottle to her and backed away. 

Andrea rummaged through her bag and pulled out the snack bar she was planning to eat later and handed it to Ahlai as she placed the bottle behind her.

"You're the … the only one that has been …...decent towards me since-" she coughed, "I was thrown in here.."

She gobbled up the bar and handed the wrapper to Andrea. She threw the wrapper in her bag and begrudgingly entered the cell fully to take her bottle so she wouldn't leave any proof that she helped the prisoner. 

Ahlia stood up using the wall as leverage as Andrea bent down to pick up her bottle. Something hit the lower of her back hard,  sending her to the stained floor. 

She propped on her elbows to see Ahlia standing tall In front of her with a look of hatred in her eyes

"You are so young, the perfect age for the devil to talk it's the way in your head and pull you right into the depths of hell, and they did"

Andrea crawled back, the woman no longer looked weak, sounded feeble, or furnished. It was all an act to lure her in, and it worked.

She bent down to level her face with Andrea's and whispered, "I'm sorry sweetheart," she placed the palm of her hand millimetres away from Andrea's face. 

Andrea's eyes widened and her heart palpitations increased. Wisps of glittering blue clouded her vision, her body relaxed, almost all of her thoughts disappeared, her pulse calmed. 

Her eyes wanted to shut as she let out a yawn. 

She saw Ahlia walking out of the cell and shutting the gates behind her. 

She wanted to get up and warn everyone but her body refused, she just had this urge to fall asleep, despite the uncomfortableness. 

Her head was spinning, her vision was multiplying. It felt as if her blood stopped flowing, she couldn't let out a sound. 

It felt as if she was back in the same situation she was in 8 years ago.

Hours could've passed and she wouldn't even know. A sudden siren went off, the bright red colour illuminating everywhere. 

And it didn't help with her current state of sight. The sound of shoes scuffing met her ears. 

"In here!" She heard an unfamiliar upbeat girl's voice.

The gates opened, Andrea couldn't see much but three blurry figures.

"Do you think it's her?" 

A man.

"Don't ask me, I never saw her in my life"

Another girl.

"Either way she looks like she needs help" it was the upbeat girl again.

Andrea felt someone hook their arm under her knees and wrap their arms around her shoulders, carrying her.

Then her body went limp as darkness welcomed her than anyone else did at the moment. Fate decided to take an unexpected turn tonight.

Nothing lasts forever.....