Chapter: 28

"This is a production of my father." He hesitated before asking in a whisper, "who are you?"

"Marcela couldn't possibly have had a child," he strode around the room mindlessly playing with the watch, "you might be quiet but you got a lot running around in that head of yours don't you."

"I went through the files and surprisingly I found a drafted plan to kill a man named Auster. Rather gory.  It was twenty fifty, I presume you must've been nine or ten, but it was quite cleverly written. Auster Callingham. I have encountered him few times last year,"

Andrea stood still not moving a muscle.

"Something else that peaked my interest was your vast knowledge of umbrakinesis, it is very rare, very rare indeed. Yet you had made a rubric, as if to train an Umbrakinetic, but for your benefit.”

The brunette didn't turn around, only turning her head just enough so that she could see him in her  peripherals. 

"Don't be ashamed, " he smirked curled on to his lips, "that's how us Carson's minds are programmed to function"

Andrea remained silent staring at him  in slight confusion, it almost sounded right and made sense to her.

Garren pulled out his hand, the watch on his palm, "welcome home soeur"

Sister

She takes the watch from his palm and looks up at him, "I upgraded it a bit, I took off the tracker Marcela placed in it, don't worry Helen even took out the microchip in you,"

"When?"

"When you were unconscious of course"

The loud sound of footsteps hitting the granite floor met their ears.

"She's here! My daughter's here!!" The door opened and a man entered with a grin on his face. He looked like a replica of Garren but with trimmed messy hair.

 He ran towards Andrea and enveloped her in a bone crushing hug. He faintly sobbed into her shoulder.

 He pulled back cupping her face with quivering hands and let out a jubilant sigh. 

He smiled wrinkles appearing underneath his eyes, he looked at Garren smiling then turned to look at Bradford, who Andrea just realized was with the man.

"Look, it's my daughter! It's my daughter" 

"Yes Smith it's your daughter," 

"It's her!! It's really her!! Andrea.." he stared at her lovingly with teary eyes.

Andrea looked around the room to see one more person was missing from the reunion.

"Where is my mother?"

The room fell into complete silence, everyone's eyes were now fixated to the floor.

"Where is she?" 

"Andrea..." Bradford walked towards them, "she's in a better place now….. Adele would be so happy to see you all grown up.

 She wouldn't want more than anything else other than for you to be happy too."

Adele.

Andrea felt Garren place his hand on her shoulder and give a light squeeze.

"How about the three of us eat dinner together? So we can catch up on things,"

She looked at the man who she thought she would never confront.

But here she was being embraced by him. To answer his invitation she gave a small nod.