Chapter: 9

Casper's face wried in a disturbance at her hostility. 

"What did I do?"

"hey, Andrea"

"Yes" 

"Just know that I’ll always be your friend, okay?"

Just friends.

"Why are you saying that?" Andrea asked, her face showing no trace of emotion like always.

“Well, I just wanted to let you know that you’re the greatest friend I ever had and no one can replace your awesomeness, will you promise you’ll feel the same about me, no matter what?”

“Absolutely” 

Conceivably she rushed to answer that question without contemplation. 

“Nothing” she set her sword back, and Auster came back in followed by a nurse. She helped Casper to sit down and aided him. 

“Such a flaccid boy surprised he still ain’t dead," he said half to himself.

"Why is he flaccid?" Andrea asked, surprised a person that dimwitted even knew that word.

"He got beat by a even more flaccid girl"

Andrea clenched her hands, her nails digging into her palms, and her constantly bruised knuckles turning to a lighter shade.

The nurse stood up. Casper's bruise was no longer there. The nurse left the room after making sure Casper had no more injuries.

"Ya two will be sent on a mission. Madam Marcela thought that your last time outside was….. interesting. Things you need to be aware of ya mission will be told. It's ya responsibility to listen. Meet me in the AV room in twenty minutes. Time starts ……-" he looked at his watch for a few seconds"- Now!"

Both of them raced to their rooms, parting in their directions. It was an occurring challenge they had to get to the AV room as soon as possible. 

Andrea got in the shower, shuddering at the coldness of the water. Just the way she loved it. Drying herself up she got in the official uniform. 

She hopped towards the door pulling on her boots. As the door opened she was met with Casper. He was smiling down at her, yet she just frowned at him.

"I would never leave my partner behind"

No matter how far she pushes him away, how much agony and pain she puts him in Wetherill comes back beaming at her.

She pushed him aside and ran to the AV room with him following behind her. She skimmed her hand across the scanner and the door opened. Both of them stared at the table with a holographic design of a factory house projected in the air.

 Auster and Marcela didn’t seem to notice their presence since they were occupied disagreeing quietly, what kind of seniors would want to be caught going against their own rules.

 At the corner of the room stood one of the men Casper went on missions with, from what she had gathered his name was Fruedo.

 Speaks over five languages, killed over eighty Divinuses, was built like a gorilla, and had the strength of an elephant, scars splattered across his face from the wars and fights he had met, but he was merely 20 and had seen and become one of the horrors of the world at a young age. 

He stood far enough so that their conversation wouldn't be heard by him. It was obvious that Marcela was mad at something Auster did.  

"We should probably wait outside" Casper uttered from behind her, a shiver ran down her spine and she was sure it wasn't from the coldness of the room. 

Andrea ignored his invitation and continued to watch the drama that was unfolding In front of her. She waited for the big moment to happen. 

It won't be a second too soon till she does it. 

She knows her mother's limits. 

Her stomach churned at the thought.

Her mother.

Maybe it was because she didn't eat breakfast.

Yeah.

Marcela's hand curled and uncurled and then...

SMACK!

Right across Auster's cheek, she slapped. Andrea's eye twitched almost wincing at the pain the man must have felt.

 The sound of gears functioning met everyone's, which was from Marcela's wristwatch as it formed into a gun. Auster stared at her directly in the eye. 

She aimed it at him, with a bend of her index finger she could've killed him. Andrea watched her eyes sparkling with investment the corner of her lips tilted slightly 

Maybe today won't be so bad after all.