Chapter: 41

“You have your first mission today,” Smith commented cutting Andrea’s waffle for her. 

She placed her hand on his wrist making the man stop his movements. She wanted to tell him that she could do it on her own. But the words that came out from her mouth were completely different. 

“I don’t like the milk in my tea,”

“Why?”

“it tastes like whole milk, I prefer oat milk,”

“Oh of course,” as he was about to get up Andrea got up before him.

“I’ll go get it myself,” 

She strode to the kitchen. She opened the floating cupboards which were only occupied with Chinese porcelain sets, which Andrea was sure they weren’t even touched. 

She opened the refrigerator which was almost empty. There was container with celery and a tomato, bag of chips, a Mountain Dew can, and a oat milk cart.

She sat back at the dining table, she poured the milk into the tea, lightening its shade.

“Am I a bad father Andrea?”

“What made you think that?” she asked back monotonously.

“You don’t seem to be happy,”

“ It isn’t your fault that I’m not,” she sipped her tea, internally almost puking because of the unusual mixture.

“What did they do to you?”

“Who?”

“The Sicariurs,”

“ It’s best not to say,”

“I should’ve protected the two of you. You and your mother, if I had listened to Bradford and stayed at Divinus everything would've-"

“Filling yourself with guilt won’t help anyone, it’s not going to bring Adele back,”

“Why are you calling her Adele?”

“Isn’t that her name?”

“It is, but aren't you supposed to address her as your mother,”

“I will,, 

They two sat in silence.

“I’m so sorry, whatever they did to you was something you didn’t deserve, I’ll do my best to-"

Pity.

“You don’t need to do anything, I’m fine,” she stood up and gave a slight bow, “ thank you for the lovely breakfast,”

“hey, you don’t need to be so formal with me,” standing up with a grunt he hugged her goodbye, she didn’t hug back, she never did. 

“I’ll see you around okay? Let me know if your brother does anything idiotic or reckless with his tools,” he kissed her forehead, his occasional way of saying ‘goodbye’ and ‘dad loves you so much’.

“You’ll do great today,”