Chapter: 5

While the shocking realization busied her, his hand gripped her throat and pinned her against the wall, she struggled to get out of his grasp, clawing his hand, he loosened his grip and  punched her face, but she dodged quickly, his knuckles hitting the wall. 

However he was quick to recover  and gave a powerful blow to her stomach with his knee. Unpleasant feeling otherwise, she felt like she  needed to breathe, but she just couldn't inhale enough, like something was constricting her lungs. 

Through blurry eyes, she saw him looking down panting trying to catch his own breath. Strands of hair stuck to their foreheads because of the sweat. 

She threw her head back, butting him in the face. He groaned over the sound of his nose cracking, and took a few steps back. 

There was stillness on both sides. If hatred was visible the air would have been scarlet. 

Both of their chest heaves as they struggled to control their breathing.

Andrea noticed he looked fatigued. 

Shadow travelling once can drain a person, but this one must be trained well. She lifted her arms towards the stacks of cement bags, triggering them to levitate in the air and hovered above him. 

The boy sneered at her unusual posture as he took one step forward, all of them collapsed on him.

A victorious smirk plastered across her face, as she ran out of the building. A hand grabbed her wrist as she passed an alley and they pulled her in.

 She was about to strike him when, not until she heard his voice.

"My.. teleporter is charged… let's go..." He breathed out. 

Andrea looked at his bruised eyes and cheek, his nose was bleeding like hers. Even with all those injuries he still smiled to see that she was fine. 

He held her hand and flicked the teleporter on and their surroundings blurred, replaced with the manor's foyer. 

Two women ran towards them and helped them stand up. Andrea pushed the lady away. 

"I can handle myself" she limped all the way up the stairs up to her room and flunked on her bed. 

Not a few minutes later the door slid open revealing her mother. Andrea sat up to look at her and she wasn't happy.

"What did you do?" she questioned as she held a first full of Andrea's hair.

"I fought back" 

"Gender?"

"A boy"

"Estimation of age?"

"Seventeen or eighteen"

"His capabilities?" Something inside told Andrea not to be truthful about answering this question.

"Teleportation"

"His current state?"

Meaning, did you murder him?

"In all odds, he's still alive"

Marcela let go of her hair, gave a slight nod.

 "You did good," she paused. "For your first time. Do better next time. I'll send a nurse over" she left the room not before strolling around her.

 Her presence always thwarted her, and underneath her stares, she felt her composure truncate. Her beliefs and presumptions were sluggish and unsettling.

Like she said a nurse entered the room with a levitating tray, she sat down next to her and started to clean up the wounds and bruises. 

The nurse positioned her simmer hands on the wounds, the bruises began contorting to a lighter shade.

Vitakinetics. Doing their job.

As she was finished she handed Andrea an ice pack and consulted her to apply it and not move around too much.

"The pain will subside within a few hours, make sure to get enough rest and stay hydrated. If it still hurts, let me know" 

When the nurse left Andrea freshened up and changed into a comfortable attire and laid on her bed.