Chapter: 25

“Andrea?” Lauranda waved her hand. “Are you okay?”

She gave a slight nod, rubbing her index and thumb finger against the fabric of her sweater.

“Did you have any friends there?”

“My heart beats for you”

“Only you.

 I’ll always be here for you, I promise you.”

“no” her tone was a bit unsure.

“You don’t have to lie to me Andrea, but if you want to keep it to yourself, I respect that” she grabbed the fruit tray she placed on the nightstand, “would you like some?” She placed the tray beside Andrea. 

“Did you feel protected there?”

She didn’t respond 

“Do they feed you well?”

She didn’t even bother to acknowledge her words.

Lauranda sighed, “we're they...... very controlling?”

Andrea nodded.

"What can you do?"

“What do you mean?"

 She knew what she meant.

Lauranda stood up and picked up the cube vase on the side table and pulled out the flowers which looked like wild parsnips. 

They were valerians.

She moved back a bit, steadying herself, she tossed the vase at Andrea. 

She raised her hands, the vase didn't touch any part of her skin, it hovered a few inches from her palms. It spun in different angles, slowly placing itself on the side table with a soft thud.

"Very impressive Andrea" Lauranda praised as she placed the valerians back in the vase. "Do you train with your powers?"

"Very rarely, I've been limited to use them,”

"Your powers are unlimited," she paused before asking " did you ever use it to kill?"

That was it. Andrea punched the man in the face, the satisfying sound of his nose cracking met everyone's ears. 

Reforming her sword back into the watch she held him by the collar.

"Once .."

"Say it again and you'll regret it you son of a bitch" her blood was boiling, anger reflected through her eyes as life escaped the man's eyes and his body went limp.

 It was silent, she couldn't hear his heartbeat but she could hear her heart beating vigorously.

"Mind telling me who it was?"

"No"

"Why?"

"I don't remember"

Lauranda put her hand in her vest's pocket, Andrea clenched her fists, ready to throw a punch. 

She pulled out her phone, Andrea relaxed a bit as Lauranda stared at the screen for a moment and placed it back in her pocket.

"Let's go, it's time," Lauranda announced.

"Time for what?"

"To get you to the place where you'll be staying"

As they were exiting the building Andrea noticed that Callista and her friend weren't there. 

Andrea looked around getting a better view of the place. The place was magical. She saw a man with turquoise skin with waves of navy blue stripes on him.

 His ears were like fins and his eyes were completely black, he was only wearing a pair of slacks and a leather jacket. 

Looking away from the unusual looking man she asked Lauranda, "why does he look like that?" She glanced at the man. 

"He's an alien" Lauranda replied," all are welcomed to Divinus when they do not have the heart of doing the wrong, not my words, they're Bradford's"

"What's your position here?"

"I'm packing four's second in command"

"Why not first?"

"They usually don't give first in command positions for women, it happens very rarely"

"Who's the first?"

"You know Bradford, he's brother, Atlas. Hosts many parties around here in Divinus, especially for teens. No, only for teens that's why he's the majority of teens' favourite." Annoyance laced her tone.

"What did he ever do to you?"

Lauranda let out a sigh as they stopped near the sidewalk till a car zoomed past, "he's just a headache, very irresponsible. My husband, who is  also in the same pack as me along with Ahlia and Christophe, was led by him, they never came back from their last mission."

Ahlia

"You are so young, the perfect age for the devil to talk it's the way in your head and pull you right into the depths of hell, and they did"