Chapter: 17

She sent sick blows to the surface of the punching bag, sending it back. Her head was buzzing with serotonin.

Did that happen this morning? Did that happen?

It was unbelievable. The taste of his lips still lingers on hers. Panting she backed away from the punching bag. She looked at her watch,

12:40 am 

She was already sleep-deprived and almost lost the will to stand.

She grabbed her water bottle and gulped down the liquid. She hung the strap of her duffel bag and walked out of the room hoping to get a goodnight sleep.

Andrea paused as she descended the stairs as his voice met her ears. Crouching a little to peek through the bannister she saw him standing beside Auster.

 Casper's gaze met hers. He gave a small smile, his eyes gleaming with happiness. He stood there as if he was the absolute definition of jubilance.

Andrea suppressed a smile by pursing her lips and looking away. With a blink of an eye, the whole crew left in a blue flash leaving Auster standing there alone. 

She walked down the stairs ignoring Auster's existence until he thought otherwise.

"You're needed in the cell section" she turned to look at him and just stared at him with an impassive face. 

Then he just disappeared in a blue flash. 

Andrea abhorred going down the place. The place smelled putrid, out of all the places she wanted was the last place she'd ever wanted to go to tonight. 

She entered the dimly lit hallway, goosebumps came to life all over her, cold shivers ran down her spine. 

Tears streamed down her face, the pain was too agonizing for her. Why would she do this to her? She was just eight. She was just a kid.

She noticed a silhouette running towards her, Andrea slowly started to back away.

"Hey!" It was a man's voice. He came to view as he stood under the light panting, his hand raised and his other hand occupied by a whip. 

"What is it?" Andrea asked.

"Can you cover for me for a while? I need to take a leak." He asked with his hand on his crotch area. Andrea rolled her eyes and let out a breath.

 This was what Auster sent her here for, she bawled her fists, and scowled.

"Five minutes, be a second late and you won't ever be needing to excuse yourself like this'' the man nodded and ran off. 

Andrea walked deeper into the hallways, she could hear the cacophonies of groaning, moaning, grunting, whimpering, muttering and snoring. 

A sharp pain jolted across her tongue as she tried to open her mouth, the metallic taste dominating her mouth.

 She kicked the metal gates with the sole of her shoes, the rattling sound echoing through the hallway.

The prisoner's poked their fingers through the bars, a pathetic attempt to reach her. The place smelt like a mixture of raw cabbages, blood and faeces. 

She screamed but they never escaped her mouth. Every second the pressure from the gag was increasing.

Her legs felt sore but she couldn't even sit on the floor or lean against the wall, because of the mosses and splattered blood all over the place (a result of their inhuman ways of keeping prisoners). 

She was already triggered and she felt nauseous.

Her wrists were bleeding, bright crimson liquid trickling down her temples.

 Her heart racing, shivers running up and down her spine. 

Her limbs were shaking, and her eyes were bloodshot red.