Chapter: 19

Nothing lasts forever.....

                     " I believe that you’ll do great things, but only if you apply yourself,” Marcela spoke, leading Andrea through the Sicarius headquarters.

“Everyone here has a role to play; a part in the grander scheme of things. And your role is of the utmost importance.” This was the beginning of the future her mother has planned for. The first step was to come out and meet a few Sicariurs.

Andrea walked swiftly to keep up with her long strides, but her short eight-year-old legs could hardly keep up. 

“Are you even listening to me?” the screech of her voice sounded as she stopped and looked down at Andrea

 “I’m teaching you life lessons, you’d be wise to listen with keen ears and not mess everything up.”

She nodded and looked up at her with wide, curious eyes. “Yes, mother.” 

She smiled sinisterly, but Andrea's young mind mistook the cruel smile she held as honour, and she smiled back. The beginning of the end was now underway. 

“Come now. Auster would like to meet you.”

Andrea watched as Marcela swiped her hand across the scanner, verifying the door slid open. Both of them entered the room. 

Auster stood in the middle of the room, his hands in the pockets of the training uniform, his hair tied back in a ponytail. He stared at Andrea with his stained eyes and looked back at Marcela.

"She's grown," Auster contemplated, "still short for an eight-year-old. I mean that's how girls are. Slow at everything they do, including living life itself"

Andrea already began despite this man's existence. 

"You know what else is slow, the time it took your mother to realize you were purely a mistake," Andrea thought but didn't say it.

Marcela cleared her throat and tilted her head signalling 'choose your words carefully, I'm also here!'

"Madam. You're a woman-" he then looked back at Andrea, "she is a girl"

Marcela ignored his comment and walked towards him with Andrea behind her- "Andrea is now mastering her powers, and I'm proud to say she's doing rather well" she stopped her footsteps right beside Auster with her back facing Andrea, "aren't you, Andrea?"

"Yes mother"

"Well aren't you a wonder worker," Auster said and gave a smack to the back of Marcela's head making her jump a little and glared at him. Andrea's eyes widened, her mouth gaped. 

Without thinking, Andrea kneed his crotch area, Auster gasped at the shocking pain bending down, unintentionally levelling his face with Andrea. 

He placed his hand on the pain letting out a silent scream. Andrea was quiet for a moment, their mouth seeming to be twitching, and Andrea opened her mouth to spit a large amount of saliva onto Auster's face.

"Andrea !!" Marcela grabbed Andrea by her wrist and pulled her out of the room. It was obvious that she was seething in anger.

This was not going to end well, nothing ever does for her.

They walked down the stairs then through the hall and walked through a door as it slid open. 

An aura came out of the room hitting Andrea right in the face, bringing shivers down her spine, and her breakfast to her throat. 

"Angerona!" Marcela called as she pulled Andrea into the dimly lit hallway with her. 

Andrea glanced around and visioned gruesome sights of people being tortured in the prison cells causing her to gulp down the raw bile.