Chapter: 22

"You're not even her daughter, to begin with" 

"I'm not certain…"

Why did she even answer the question? 

Helen patted Bradford on the shoulder and motioned him to have a talk with him away from the girl's ears.

"Do you think it's her?" Helen asked worry and a hint of hope lacing her tone.

"Who?"

"Smith and Adele's daughter.."

"We never saw her Helen"

"But it all can't be just a coincidence, she even looks like her. Do you think she has the similar power's as her mother?"

"If she did why haven't we've been reported about, obviously at least one of us might've fought her"

"Maybe they haven't?"

"You're right Marcela is very overprotective of her property"

"We could run a DNA test…"

"We'll discuss that tonight at the meeting, we're currently losing too many Divinuses."

"So we can't let her walk around free, someone should keep an eye on her, we shouldn't even return her weapon"

"What weapon?"

"She had this watch on her wrist, Garren wanted dig into it so he took it"

"How many times have I told that boy about taking people's belongings like that, and why didn't you stop him?"

"Even if I said no he would've gotten his hands on it, Smith better learn how to control his so-"

"Helen, he can't even control himself."

"I also have children Bradford, I'm a twenty four hour available doctor with no break, my husband is barely at home yet I  take care of five of my sons"

"Smith's case is different Helen"

Helen let out an aggravated sigh and glanced at Andrea. She was looking down, hair shadowing her face, but even she could see the frustration on her face.

"We'll discuss about it in the meeting, you can leave now"

Bradford nodded before walking out.

Helen walked towards Andrea and brushed away her hair causing her to flinch.

"We're not going to harm you in any way, you seem fine now. A caretaker will be here, if you need anything just let her know. Don't-" she pulled down Andrea's sleeve, "show or tell anyone about it. Okay?"

Andrea didn't respond with anything.

"Here she is!" Helen exclaimed as a young girl entered through the curtains. 

Her flaxen hair was tied back in a ponytail with fresh vines, her pine green eyes shone as she smiled.

"Andrea meet Callista, Callista meet Andrea" Callista pulled out her hand to shake it with Andrea. But she just stared at it with mere disgust. 

Helen cleared her throat, " she doesn't like to be touched, or talked to that much"

"Okay, so what do I do? Just sit here?Elen you promised this would be fun!" She whined.

"It will be okay. Just be patient. I'll go to the mall with you tomorrow. Okay?"

"Fine" she groaned as Helen bid both of the goodbye and walked out.

"So what happened to you?" She bent down making eye contact with Andrea and smiling. She just stared back with a stoic expression. "Like why did those messed up assholes abduct you?"