Chapter: 3

She wore her white jumper and pair of slacks and a black French coat. She stumbled to the door as she pulled on her ankle boots and opened the door. 

"Hello" she greeted Casper.

"Ready?"

"Yes" 

                                                             _______________________

"Where are we going?" Andrea asked Casper as they walked down the street packed with Periums going back and forth, vehicles racing down the streets, and drones soaring in the air.

"You'll see"

They arrived at a small café. A bell rang when they entered.

The cafe tables in their vibrant abysm browns, the fragrance with its dark aromatic perfume. 

The area wasn't crowded at all, corners man was sitting at the corner with a cup of coffee next to him. 

He was scribbling in his journal, sipping the cup of coffee once in a while, his baseball cap clouding over his face.

"Casper!" An old woman's voice called. 

She was in a white shirt and a pencil skirt, an apron wrapped around her waist. Her greying hair was fastened in a bun. 

She wrapped her arms around Casper.

 After letting go of him she acknowledged Andrea's presence. She has exhausted eyes, yet there was that glimmer, a giveaway of her good heart. 

"And who is this lovely young lady?"

"Andrea meet Paulina, Paulina meet Andrea"

"Oh! Finally, he brought a girl, I thought this would never happen, he would say things like they’re just too real for me,”

"And it hasn't, he's just a friend" Paulina gave a looked of understanding.

Those words sent a dagger through Casper's heart. Ignoring that feeling he let Paulina lead them to a table.

"What would you like to order?" Paulina asked as she took out her notepad and pen.

"I would like a cup of coffee, what about you Andrea?" 

"I would like a cup of black tea"

"Not coffee?" Paulina jotted it all down and asked.

"She doesn't like coffee" 

"Second time in my thirty years that I heard that"

"When was your first time?" Casper asked.

"Oh, it was eighteen years ago at this very café, she came in here in a rush as if she was being chased. She ordered a cup of tea saying she doesn't like the too bitter taste of coffee." Paulina shrugged and continued "She must've tried her parent's coffee when she was young"

"Your stories are always the best Paulina" Casper commented as she left.

"Do you come here often?" Andrea inquired, looking away from the window.

"Anytime I can"

"Is that why you're late after every mission?"

"Maybe …… Her coffee is hard to resist, you know, it tastes heavenly. Puts me in a good mood every time"

The bell dinged as two teen boys entered. Casper looked back to see who it was, his eyes widened in realization. 

He clutched Andrea's wrist and dragged her out of the café into the crowded streets. Andrea glimpsed at him in confusion.

"What was that about?"

"Divinuses"