Chapter 25: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Adam's/Laura's apartment.

The guilt in Adam was so strong he smoked five cigarettes at home, one after the other. In addition, he drank three glasses of whisky, and then throw it all up, barely making it to the bathroom. He couldn't look at himself in the mirror, so he covered it with a towel which he taped to the wall with duct tape. After a while, the clothes he was wearing landed on the ground, and Jensen stepped into the shower. He was as distracted as never before. Nothing, she said nothing. The words hit him like streams of water lashing against his skin. Again and again. Adam closed his eyes while spreading the shower gel over his skin. The steady gentle movements put him in an almost hypnotic state. He imagined Laura's hands wandering over his naked skin, leaving a trail of burning desire, a tingling sensation in his loins and immediately followed by an icy longing clutching every muscle. He stopped recognizing himself after what had taken place in Uppsala. Miss Werner had shown him a new world, one in which the sun shone instead of the falling rain. The fact that he hadn't brought a towel or the pants he slept in suddenly became vivid. He cursed under his breath several times, turning off the water. He didn't feel clean at all. After a while, the floor was already wet from the shower to the cupboard where he kept the towels. The man wiped himself off and didn't even bother to wrap the towel around his hips. With a careless motion, he hung it on the dryer and left.

Laura let Stalker out of the kitchen and busied herself with unpacking the drone. She didn't need to read the manual because she had similar equipment before. She decided to test the device right away so that there would be no surprises in Washington. She attached her phone for not-so-legal special tasks to it, stepped out onto a small balcony, and remotely launched the drone. She flew it a few times along the street to see how far it could go while filming everything. Then it was time for a vertical flight, which also pleased her more than she had anticipated. Laura didn't know why she came up with this stupid idea, but as she lowered the drone's flight, she aimed the device at the windows of Jensen's apartment. She stopped it at that altitude for a moment and then headed back toward her balcony.

Adam stopped at the bedroom window with a feeling he saw something outside but decided it was probably just a bird. It was only with a closer look that he noticed the drone. He didn't care, assuming it was Laura just checking out how the new device works. As a joke he had waved towards it before the drone flew away and after that went to look for his pants.

After landing, she unhooked the phone and plugged it into the laptop to check what was recorded and with what quality. In the meantime, she made herself cocoa. She sat comfortably in the armchair, took the computer on her lap, and copied the files. She saw the usual view from the street, the car that had passed, a few passers-by, colorful neon lights. Nothing special, but she could judge the quality of the recording was great. When she reached the footage from the Chief of Security's apartment, she had just taken a sip from the mug, which immediately splashed across the screen and keyboard when the woman saw naked Jensen carelessly waving at her. She wanted to turn off the movie but only paused it. Now she had seen everything. Adam, as he was created, in addition, did not care at all that the drone was filming him. And how will she look into his eyes now?

She turned off the computer and went to take a shower. Laura needed to cool down because she had way too many sensations. She couldn't sleep at night, on the one hand thinking about the drone mishap and on the other thinking about how much she missed Jensen. For those several minutes, she had hoped that something would change, that he would say anything, embrace her and forget. He didn't say anything. He just left... If only she could turn back time, change her life, get past Damien, listen to Joe. She would give anything for such an opportunity. She'll be dirty forever, she'll be a whore forever.