Chapter 42: The Great Massacre Between Two Trash Cans.

Detroit

The darkness like tar was clear on Laura's face, and she felt like she was running out of air. Drawn deeper into the alley, the hacker noticed that the assailant was not alone and was accompanied by five others. One of them had a colorful mohawk hairstyle that was perfectly visible even in the faint light of the flashing and hissing lantern. The hacker was still trying to fight to no avail. In fact, she didn't know why she had acted like this. After all, everything was happening the way she wanted it to. Laura should have let events take their own course, but that damn desire to survive kept her from doing so. Forced her to drift on the surface instead of drowning.

***

Ciągle pamiętam zatrzymany czas,

Konwalie na poduszce...

Ciągle i ciągle czekam tamtych łez,

Dotyku tamtych oczu.

Kratos, before he showed what he was really like, gave her flowers. Every morning she would find a bouquet of lilies of the valley or sunflowers on her pillow. There were tender words, kisses, and breakfast in bed. They could have sex all day long, and Damien was really good at it.

Gdybym ujrzała kiedykolwiek taki film,

Umarłabym ze śmiechu.

Cisza zagrała, wokół nas się wzbił

Gołębi puch, - perfidny kicz.

The rose petals at her feet had over time turned to blood that coated her skin. Every touch of his was like a burn, every kiss like a snakebite. If there was affection between them - it died. Still, she believed there was a sign of good in him, and someday everything would be as it had been before. If only she would obey, if only she would be a good girl.

Każdym dniem zabijam to

Deszczem obcych rąk

Zmywam ślad

Zabijam to

Każda noc przynosi znów

Bezsensowny ból

Ołów - nie Gołębi puch.

When Joe managed to get her out of that toxic relationship, she couldn't accept her new life. She sought comfort in the arms of random men. She had even tried to drag Joe into bed with her, but luckily his composure and respect for Laura prevented him from doing so. Her worst nightmares came at night like monsters from her childhood dreams lurking in closets and under beds. She screamed until she was breathless, and Navras held her in his arms, assuring Laura that she was safe. In truth, she never was.

Może zapomnieć jeszcze uda się

Konwalie na poduszce

Może zduszone nie powróci znów,

Odejdzie gdzieś, wypali się

Światło w Twoich rękach

Gołębi puch

She couldn't forget, couldn't suppress what she felt inside. She still loved Damien, still believed he was just pretending. One day Joe found her in the basement of Lemon-Lime. She had a Swedish collar around her neck and wanted him to lead her on a chain. She thought he was Kratos. That day Joe realized he couldn't help her alone. It was the greatest pain he had ever experienced. He found the best facility he could for her and placed her there under a false name, but even after therapy, Laura was not quite herself.