chapter 9

Anika Pov

It's 2 am i am sitting in my room in a very  grumpy mood. Today is my birthday  after cutting cake with maa ,papa and rudra. I came back to room where everyone wished me except one person whom i thought going to be first person  to wish me this year.

This is not the only reason it's been a week he had gone to California and also last day we talked. I only got message reached. I tried to call him even messaged him but no sign of him no call no reply nothing. I am wondering he know my birthday or forgot. Even everyone from Oberoi family wished me.  I didn't ask her but Gauri told me he didn't contact to them also.  May be he forgot because of work. But i am feeling bad. 

Unknowingly it's became habit to talk to him. And it's been a week I talked to him. We both try to talk with eachother even for 5 min. As when i am free he remain busy. And when he is free i remain busy. Or better we  can say he never remain free.

It's better for me to sleep as i have half day tomorrow. I am not planning to do anything rather than having celebration with family and bhavya as always.

I keep my phone aside. And sleep.

Next morning,

I wake up preety early today. And first thing i did to check any call or message from him. But their is no.
I got ready in lavender colour kurti and plazo  with earrings. I already remove my engagement ring as i don't want to tell this anyone as if they got to know they will to whom and so many questions that i don't want to give answers. It's very expensive also. Today i kept hairs open with curls at the ending.

As i came downstairs papa is reading newspaper and mom is busy in kitchen.

" Good morning papa"

"  Good morning and happy birthday again "

" Thanks papa but where is my gift"

"Oh i have to give you "

" What do you mean you have to give i want my gift"

" If you want you have to wait till night"

" But why"

" That you will known tonight"

"Mom "

"No i am not going to tell you. Now it's better you go because you have to go temple first "

" Oh yeah i am getting late byy "

" Byy "

Bidding good bye i first go to temple after taking blessings i distribute some sweets to some old people.

As i enter to my cabin. Bhavya tightly hug me.

"Happy happy birthday to you Anika "

" Bhavya please leave me i am not able to breathe "

She leave me. I take deep breaths.

" Why you always do this i am not going anywhere."

" It's excitement you know " she said grinning.