Pain, Excruciating Pain

The blanket is of no use. I was shivering even harder now. What kept me from losing my consciousness was Mikey's warmth. As he drove across the city, I buried my face into his neck. I felt stares but none of us cared. It wasn't the first time. We were headed to the dojo, where Mikey, Baji, Emma, Shinichiro and I grew up training karate.

(When Y/N was 12)
' You want to fight me huh? How cheap of you eating the kitten's food?!" Baji said as he stared at me with disbelief.

"I....uh...umm" I stuttered trying to figure out what to say to him. Now that he brought me to this weird place he will probably beat me up. I need to escape.

"That's enough Baji." A voice was heard from the back. It was, who is it? He was old and there were other kids with him.

" We do not talk to a person like that".

" But she was eating my cat food!" Baji said has he was grinning with anger.

The old man looked at me for some time and started to walk in my direction. I was about to flee but it was too late. He held onto my wrist and started to examine the dry blood down the side of my forehead.

"Emma! Take her with you and help her to take a shower then we will eat together."

" Yes grandpa," the girl said as she held my hand and started pulling me inside.

( Back to the present )
"We are here, Y/N."
I glanced up but my world was a total blur. He lifted me by my waist and put me on the side as he parked his bike. What am I, some underweight kid? I don't understand this strength of his. Where does it come from?

He held me as I put my hand through his for support. We go inside the garage.

"Take a shower. I'm going to make you some tea and medicine".

I did as he said, reluctantly. I never left the house without my Toman uniform because that reminded me of Baji. Mikey is looking at me and my body is on fire.

"You are not going to give up this uniform Y/N?", he asked with a smile on his face.

I was too weak to answer so, I started to take off my clothes and got in the shower as Mikey left to give me some privacy. I wonder what's on his mind. I sat on the floor of the bathroom and let the warm water run through my hair.

( In the past, when we were kids)

"Wow, you have such long hair," Baji said as he examined my black hair while I was drying it after the shower. "Yeah, it's my signature style." He believed me as I hoped he would. I was homeless. How on earth will I have money to cut my hair? " I love it," he said as he was smelling my hair. 'What a creep!' I thought.

"I will also grow out my hair"

"Then I will cut them. You look better with short hair."

We turned to see who was talking and it was Mikey.

(Back in the present)
*knock*knock*

I was too weak to answer so I chose to stay silent. I love this physical pain. I should do it more often. I heard the door slide. Mikey came in looking the other way and handed me a towel. I wrapped it around me and he helped me go outside.

"Get dressed", he said. He left the room to give me some privacy. I saw his, what is this?....huuhh...another uniform. Before I could pick that up I started to faint. I quickly grab onto the bed and put on Mikey's hoody and sweatpants. I was still shivering. How did I grow this weak? I lay down and before I realized it I fell asleep.

" Y/N, you need to leave now. I left Toman for good." Baji whispered in my ear as he kissed my neck with a bite while hugging me from behind "I cannot leave you". His kiss set my body on fire that my words sounded more like a moan.

"Baji", I turned to see his face as the sound boosted but for me, the world didn't exist anymore.

He finally looked at me. His eyes seemed like they just penetrated through my soul, yet there is something that bothered me. I need to stop him. With all the courage I gained throughout my lifetime, I cupped his face with my hand and leaned towards his forehead until the distance between us was 2 inches.

" I love you, Baji Keisuke. I cannot imagine my life without you in it." I said looking at his eyes. My lips were trembling. He sighed as he closed his eyes.

'You need to leave," he said with a steady tone as he started walking away from me.

'Baji...NO!'.

I jolted up from my sleep, again, but this time I wasn't alone.