Birthday

We were silently enjoying the ride. Mikey's silent company is sometimes the best therapy that can make in handy. After getting off the ride, he intertwined his fingers with mine. It feels good. Even though I might boast about taking care of him, he was truly taking care of me this whole time, without me even realizing it. I gave his hand a little squeeze to let him know I really appreciate what he is doing for me. He looked down and smiled. He is adorable.

We were walking to the park, where he parked his bike earlier before going to the amusement park. We sat on the swing. It was silent but peaceful. 

" You know, you are the most insensitive person I ever met.''

'Huh? Where is this coming from?''

'When you tried to jump off the roof the other day when you would lock yourself in the bathroom just to cut your arms until bleeding out completely when you would simply just lie to me that you are okay but you are not."

Silence

He got up from his swing and walked towards me before kneeling on the ground and put his head on my lap. I slowly caressed his tangled hair. 'You are going to get dirt on your clothes, Mikey'.

'I feel helpless when I see you like that. I wish I would have understood Baji and stopped him from his stupid acts but I couldn't. My best friend, my brother my mentor.'

I smiled at him, ''You know before he died all he cared about was you. He was always telling me to take care of you. I assured him I will, but you are failing me. He is watching us, you know. If he sees you like this, he will be very upset with me.' 

I could feel his tears on my t-shirt but I don't say anything. My fingers run through his hair, which is totally untangled now. 'You need to wash your hair, Mikey. It is as dirty as the dumpster.'I giggled when he grabbed my hand. I was startled by his act. He slowly put a weird bracelet on it.

'Every time you cut your arm, this bracelet is going to be stained from the blood. Then I will know what's going on with you.' He put his fingers in mine. 'Each time you hurt yourself I will hurt me too.'

'Mikey, I '' I was dumbfounded. I was speechless with was he just said.

'Let's go!'He started pulling me to the bike.

'Where?!'

'Home".

We got on the bike, as he drove through the silent city. I leaned my head on his back, my hands around his waist. I don't know why but I felt a sense of relief today. I wasn't sad, I wasn't hurting. I was at peace with everything and my plan ahead. It's almost 11:36 pm. 

'We are here''.

I looked up rubbing my drowsy eyes. When did I fall asleep? 'Are we going to stay at your place?' I asked him as I clung to him. 

'Yes, sleepyhead. Now wake up, wake up!' He started tickling me.

'Stop, stop I'm awake.'' I said again clinging onto him. Suddenly someone rapped something around my eyes. Before I could think anything I turned around to punch whoever was behind.

'Ouchhh...Chill out, Y/N'

'Takemichi? What's going on? What's up with the blindfold? Where is Mikey?"

'I'm right here next to you', Mikey whispered in my ears with his raspy voice, sending chills down my spine. 'Now come with me,' He grabbed my waist slowly leading to somewhere.

I was feeling sleepy again with all the darkness when a bright light flashed in front of my eyes.

'Happy Birthday!!!!'