Homeless

I tried to focus on the face that was towering over me. "Mikey", I whispered. " I am sorry for the trouble I'm causing you". There was no change in his expression. His dark brown eyes just stared down at my face. Thankfully the lava lamp was on, so the light was not hurting my eyes.

"Chifuyu called to check on you," he said, still no change in his expression. Why does my forehead feel cold? Oh, a napkin. I touched it when Mikey says, "You fell asleep before I could give you the medicine so, I thought...." He smiled at me. Now he was on my right side-lying with his head propped up with his right hand. I smiled back at him. He was caressing my head, slowly. I couldn't help but turn and hug him, my head on his chest and my hands around his waist.

'Thump, Thump, Thump'. His heartbeat. He doesn't move, his fingers in my hair. "Your fever has gone down. Let's eat so that I can give you some medicines" he said as he stands up to bring dorayaki. He is still a kid, I thought. My heart melted.

He needs me Baji. How can I be so selfish?

He hands me the food and medicine as I started eating.

¥ Fast forward 3 days ¥
I was sitting at the graveyard beside Baji's gravestone. It's almost 7 pm.
'Baji, will Chifuyu ever change?', I asked laughing. 'He is never on time.'

'Y/N!!!!.....'

'Chifuyu stop yelling. I'm right in front of you.'

'I'm so sorry' Chifuyu said as he is gasping for air. 'Takemichi is back from the future.'

'What?! Why?'

'I don't know. I'm going to meet him afterwards. I'm worried Y/N'

I am worried too Chifuyu. Takemichi is back. Who is going to die again?

"You said you wanted to see me".

" Huh?...oh yeah 😊. You asked the other day how we end up together, right? Well, I'm ready to take a trip down memory lane."

Chifuyu's eyes widened.

( After Baji found me eating his cat food )

I already took a shower and wore what Emma gave me. Isn't too revealing? I look at the cuts on my arm and my thigh.
" Emma-Chan, if you don't mind, do you have a hoody?' I asked as if I was asking too much.

'Yeah. Hold on. I'm coming. There you go.' She handed me a black hoody. Is this hers? Why is it oversized? I didn't ask her. I don't know how I ended up here but I need to leave. I'm asking for too much stuff. I wore the hoody and the pants and looked in the mirror. Is this me? I haven't looked at the mirror since my parents died. Or I should say killed.

Bang! Bang!

'Hurry up. I'm hungry.' Baji said. This kid is going to eat me alive. I was better on the streets!

'Coming'.

I hurried out of the bathroom, gathered my stuff and headed towards the dining table where that old man, Mikey, Emma, Shinichiro and Baji was setting and as you can tell Baji was pissed.

'Come, sit beside me.' Emma called. I went and sat beside her as we started eating. 'Are you some kind of a freak? It is summer and you are wearing a hoody?' Baji asked with an annoyed tone.

'I...aa...'

'Baji, that's enough.' said the old man. Baji smirked. He smirked? Why is he smirking? Shinichiro, who seemed older than Baji, Mikey and Emma, asked,' Why were you eating cat food..uhh'.

'Y/N'

'Yeah Y/N?'

'I was hungry'

Mikey spat his soda on Shinichiro laughing. Emma, the old man and Baji was laughing. Baji was laughing? Well, he looks kinda cool like those vampy teeth of his. Shinichiro was embarrassed. I quickly said,' Well you know, Im sort of homeless after my parent's death.' They all stopped laughing and stared at me. This is awkward.

'When did they die?' Shinichiro asked.

'7 months ago. I didn't have enough money nor do I have anyone to take care of me.' I smiled as if I was invincible yet I was dying inside. I closed my eyes to prevent tears from running down my cheek.

'Well, I guessed something like that so I was already discussing with them,' said the old man breaking the silence. 'Baji is going to take you in.' My jaw dropped. I was confused. Baji looked at me and then his food, munching on his roll. ' I..aa...thank you but I think I can...'

'My mom said yes but she wants you to help her around the house.' he interrupted before I could refuse.

Oh boy.....