Bruises

As I walked out of the hospital, Baji was waiting for me leaning on his bike. His hair was wet from the rain, swaying with the wind as he looked up and smiled.

'What are you doing here?' I asked but sounded more like I was the one crying instead of Mikey. Others have already left except for Mikey. He is still in the hospital.

'Theif', he said looking at me. I laughed. 'But tell me, how did you trash my bike?'

'Haven't ridden a bike before plus the rain was making it worse and so I fell', I said, feeling embarrassed. I need to make it up to him. He looked at my crooked neck and pointed to the back seat.

'Finally, we are going home'.

By the time we reached home, I was on the verge of throwing up from the pain but somehow I managed to hold it together.

'Baji can I take a shower at your place? I don't have a geezer in my bathroom and it's quite cold too', I said, trying to sound obvious, while getting off of his bike.

'Yeah, sure'. he said. 'Just be careful not to wake my mom up.' He drove to park his bike somewhere over here as I started going up the stairs.

I was already in the house trying to be as quiet as possible and took off my uniform and wrapped Baji's towel around me. 'It hurts! It hurts ', I groaned while taking off the gauge. Thankfully the bathroom was in Baji's room. I slowly walked into the shower and sat on a plastic stool when I heard Baji entering the room. I let the shower run as the blood washed from my head down the drain, it stings like hell. Where is the shampoo?

'Baji, where is the shampoo?'

'I haven't got any.'

'What?! Ew, that's gross.' As I took the soap to wash my dirty muddy hair Baji merged in. Thank God I was wearing the towel.

'Baji what the heck,' I said looking at him. He was humming, looking in the mirror and handed me a shampoo.

'But you said'

He winked.

'Of course!'

I proceeded to wash my hair but my shoulder was giving in and I was whining like a baby trying to wash my hair. Baji came in the shower. What Baji is in the shower with me? He is sitting at the back on a plastic stool. Is he wearing a towel or what, hopefully? He took the bottle from me and started to put it on my hair and massaged it gently. More blood was washing down the water this time. I was enjoying to free massage before I realized he was parting my hair and was tracing the busted marks on my head that was bleeding.

'Care to tell me what happened.'

'No.' I answered with my eyes closed.
His hand slowly started to rub my shoulders that were all swelled up.

'Ouch', I whined. He was very gentle with it. He was washing my back where there were more marks but this time he was angry. He cleaned my long-ass hair and got out of the bathroom.

'I left some sweats and pants in the bathroom for you,' he said before leaving. Even after the kiss, he is still a pain in the ass. I washed my bruised body and wore the cloth that he left me. 'It smells like him,' I giggled.

I got out of the shower to see a hot bag, some badges and medicine on the bed. Baji came inside with some food in his hand.

'Are you okay, why are these here? What happened to you?' I walked towards him worried. His expression scared me. He was still mad. He turned me around and made me sit on the bed. He slowly pressed the hot bag on my shoulder.

'Ahhh you are an angel,' I gasped with relief. He carefully put some ointments on my wounds and gave me some painkillers. I took it all and started to go to the roof to sleep.

'Thank you for everything, Baji. See you tomorrow?' I walked towards the door as he blocked my way. 'Stay with me tonight.' His tone was pleading.

I agreed.

(Back to the present)

I choked on my dry throat. When did I fall asleep? What time is it? I looked at my watch.

'5:07 am'.

Mikey was still sleeping on my lap. My baby. Should I wake him up? I thought as I kissed his forehead.

'Mikey'.