Dont leave

Before I could start talking my phone buzzed. The notification read 'Mikey'.

The text: I need to talk to you Y/N.
On my way: I replied.

'Catch you later Chifuyu'. ' But you didn't finish the story' Chifuyu protested. I winked and started walking to the bike. Baji's bike.

I was still in my head.

(Back to 3 years earlier)

I was eating dinner on the rooftop and talking to my dad. My dad? Oh, I mean the stars. 'Mrs. Keisuke cooks well. I wish mom could meet her. Something happened today, dad. My cheeks were burning when I saw him eating his smile away'.

'Seeing who?'

I almost dropped my food on a bald man down on the streets. Prolly a drop of ketchup fell on his head since he was yelling. I quickly ducked as I got off the side. 'Baji, What the heck!' I yelled at him as he was rolling on his back, laughing. I was pissed at first but then my cheeks were burning again. I quickly turned around and faced the city.

'Where is that baldy', he chuckled as he came and stood beside me.

'Can't tell' I answered as I was looking at the sky. 'Let's have dinner together Y/N', Baji said. I was shocked before I could process it I sat beside him on the side of the roof. What is happening?

'How did you learn to fight?'

'Huh, aaa...' Damn it why do I always stutter when it comes to him. I took a deep breath and sighed trying to hold myself together. 'It's called living life. I have to protect myself since my dad isn't around. Plus, I have been visiting the dojo to hang out with Emma and Mikey. He taught me most of the tricks' when I finished, I realized I didn't stop to take a breath and I was almost choking. He looked at me with the corner of his eyes.

'Are you always like this, antisocial, or just trying to get my sympathy by acting all lonely?' He asked. My blood started to boil at the highest degree and my face went blank. No emotion, no twitching, nothing. If he says one more thing I might jump off this roof.

'If that's your intention, you succeeded in it.' He winked at me. I was speechless and at last, tears were rolling down my cheek. Baji sat up straight and he knew this was no more a joke.

'I am not looking for any sympathy, Baji. I indeed have a hard time living life but I don't need sympathy from anyone.' My voice was steady but my heart ached. 'I never wished to be an orphan and homeless at this age. I too want love and affection but it doesn't mean I'm looking or begging for it.'

He moved closer. I was too sad to notice that. He planted a soft kiss on my head and pulled me in near his chest. I could hear his heartbeat thudding out of control but I didn't care. I needed a hug so dearly that I sat there in silence and let the tears flow. He held me tight, with affection.

(Present time)
'Peeeeeeeeeee!!! Move out of the way woman. You are in the way.'

I snapped out my imagination and realised I just created an everlasting traffic jam here and I'm late. I started my bike and accelerated to the fifth gear. I arrived to see Mikey looking at the river.

'Hi!' I said as I gasped for air. 'What's going on?.'

'I am leaving', Mikey answered.