Brother

I woke up early the next day but my eyes were all puffy from the crying. Mikey is drooling over his towel. He didn't quite let me sleep last night since he was having nightmares from time to time. I had to constantly hug him and pet him to stop all the frantic movement. I just can't do anything but feel helpless.

'I need to cook for three,' i said while yawning. It's a bright day outside. 'Let me make some pancake.' I thought while putting on the apron and heading towards a tiny kitchen of mine. My room isn't really that big, it just has a bed, well technically on my floor and a bathroom with a little kitchen. The only furniture that I was able to afford was the warming table that Baji help me to buy for the winter season since I have no heater.

'Y/N,' I heard Draken call my name as I flip my pancake.

'Hey come in. Why are you standing outside?'

'Do you want me to wake Mikey up?' Asked Kenchin as he sat by the table.

'No, it's okay.' I said.

I made enough for us three and some eggs. I took the plates and walked over to Kenchin handing him the breakfast. It has been 6 months now that Emma isn't around but yet it feels like yesterday. It feels....lonely.

'What's all this?' Draken asked eyeing the plate I handed him.

'Food. I noticed you haven't eaten much lately. I couldn't just sit around and watch. You know how Emma scolds me in my sleep. She goes on forever like a radio.'

Draken tilted his head with his confused eyes gazing at me. 'Y/N what are you saying?'

'She told me how to make pancakes and that it's your favorite.' I heard a faint gasp coming out from Kenchin. 'I don't believe in ghosts either Kenchin,' I giggled with my eyes closed with tears wailing up at the corner of my eyes. 'But it's good to know she is around, you know.'

'Yeah. Pancakes are my favorite.' Kenchin let out a soft breath. 'She used to make a ton of them, well varieties of them but it didn't matter. She was the one I....'

'You wanted to eat?' I interrupted, smirking.

'Heh! Shut up, big mouth.'

We both laughed. After a long long time. We talked about all the fun moments we had and the future that we planned.

'Kenchin, come and stay with us.' I said while taking the plates back.

'Y/N.'

'Hmm?'

'I just need some time alone. I can not accept it. I...' His voice cracked. I walked towards him for a little hug patting his back.

'Neither can I but, we have each other alright? You have me and Mikey and we have you. Don't ever forget that.'

'Yeah' he said hugging me back.

'I will be cooking food for you too. Since you don't want to stay, at least come and eat with us, yeah?'

'Y/N...I...'

'Please?'

He gave my proposal a thought before agreeing and left. I need to be strong for these two big boys. Well, technically one since Mikey is still a kid.

'Y/N?' Mikey got up yawning while rubbing his eyes. His hair is a mess.

'Yes, Mikey?'

**********************
Mikey and I are going to the Musashi Shrine for the meeting that Mikey thought was necessary. Takemichi was already at the shrine waiting for us as we walked to the steps.

'Mikey, I will be at the graveyard.' I said as I squeezed his hand in mine.

'Okay,' he said before pulling me to peck on my forehead. 'Tell Baji I said Hi.'

'I will.'

Mikey's POV

I sat beside Takemichi listening to everything he was saying. Whatever he was saying somehow... Matches with mine. Sometimes I feel there is this other me in me that can't be stopped.

After disbanding Toman, the 6 of us took a stroll and decided to write a time capsule. Except I didn't want to come back to see it after 12 years. Takemichi, you will understand it right? I am protecting everyone from me. I want everyone to have their own life.

Except...

'Y/N?' I called. She was crying again. It's almost a week since Baji's 1st death anniversary. She missed it. Well, she didn't want to come. She is still in denial, so am I. Starting down at the gravestone, the tears rolled down on their own from her eyes while her face tried to stop them by squinting her eyes.

'Y/N?!'

I walked behind her and put my hands around her shoulder as she leaned back on my chest, sobbing. Her knees were giving in and we both met the ground. Her solemnity being was breaking me but I knew she needed it.

Y/N's POV
We sat there for who knows how long. It's just us in the graveyard. Mikey didn't speak a word.

'Mikey,' I turned to him with my hands cupped his face. 'Look at me.' He slowly lifted his gaze to me.

'Don't ever blame yourself. You are strong, not just physically, but mentally and emotionally. You don't have to bear the cross alone. I couldn't save Baji even though I was in Valhalla.'

He kept staring at me with his lifeless eyes.

'I couldn't save him, nor my parents from Haru. You are not alone in this Mikey. I'm here with you.' I leaned, my forehead touching his as our face was an inch away. 'I couldn't save him of Toman, Mikey.

'I love you Y/N,' Mikey whispered

********Back to the hospital********

'Y/N...' Kenchin called me, as I was almost asleep holding his hand. I jolted up when I heard his faint call.

'Kenchin, how are you feeling? Why are you so weak? Let me call the doctors.'

'Wait,' he said as he held onto my hand.
'Come closer.'

'Kenchin...'

'Y/N, my baby sister, you were...taken away from me when we...we were kids.' He gasped for air.

'What are you saying Kenchin. Let me call the doctors please.'

'I thought...I lost you but fate brought you back to me. We...we share the same..birth...mark on our neck,'

I got conscious of the dark patch on my neck.

'Mikey...knows this. Y/N, please...take care of that dude. He...really needs you...he loves you. Take care of Mikey...for me, Y/N.' He flatlined. I held on to his cold hands when I noticed Takemichi standing by the doorway stunned. We both looked at him, incredibly shocked.

'Kenchin? Wake up Kenchin.' I pushed his lifeless body. 'Docter! Nurse! Someone, please. Kenchin,  wake up for fuck sake, please. Doctor!' I kept yelling when Takashi along with some doctors ran in.

'Y/N calm down,' he said as he tightened his grip around my erotic body. 'Takashi, he is not moving, Kenchin! Get the fuck up!'

The doctors looked at us. 'I'm sorry, he was already left.' He said before leaving us alone.

Takemichi, still standing by the doorway when Senju and Takeomi rushed in.

'Mitsuya?' I called. 'Please hug me. My body feels cold.'