Kenchin

Baji's POV

I saw Mikey walking out of the dojo with Y/N, her wrist in his hand. It felt like 'somebody punched me' would be an understatement. I wanted to stop him but I didn't. Why should I? I'm the one running from commitment. I'm the one kissing her, biting her with no promises whatsoever. I couldn't stop her from having Mikey. He is a good dude, unlike me.

'Ay Baji-san, won't you go stop her?'

'Why?'

'Why???,' Chifuyu said tilting his head sideways, confused at my reaction to the situation.

'She is not my girlfriend Chifuyu,' I grinned sipping on my soda.

'Yeah yeah, whatever.'

This is the last time you are going to be seeing me Y/N. I'm joining Valhalla.

______________

*knock*knock*

'Huh, Y/N? What are you doing at this hour?' Asked Mrs Keisuke standing at the door at 3:00 am.

'Is Baji here,' I said looking at my feet, dying from embarrassment.

'He is not here. I don't know what happened to him but he doesn't come home at night anymore. I'm worried about him. Did you guys fight,
Y/N?'

'Ahha, no no,' I said waving both of my hands in front of her, with a nervous smile on my face. 'Honestly, I don't even know what happened.'

'Sukkah!'

'Sorry for the trouble. If I find him I will call you as soon as possible.'

'Alright dear, take care,' she said as she closed the door.

I looked everywhere I could but no sign of him. He didn't even talk to me the last time he was in the meeting but everything he said about Kisaki on 8/3 was happening, but he can at least trust me, right?

Right?

I went back to my room and lay down dosing off to sleep.

Baji's POV

She is asleep now. I walked towards her to look at her dimly lit face from the moonlight.

'Stop looking for me Y/N,' I whispered slowly removing the hair strand from her face.

I knew she loved me. When she 1st told Draken, it came as a shock but deep down I was secretly wanting that yet my inability to protect her is keeping me away. Y/N, you will understand, right? I love you Y/N. Tears rolled down my cheeks. I know Mikey will take care of you. I know he will. He loves you. Probably more than I do and he is strong too. If I come back from the fight, I promise to make us official. I promise to show you off as a trophy. This is my chance to prove to myself that I can take care of you and that I can give you the life you always deserved.

I pecked a kiss on her forehead before leaving the rooftop.

Y/N's POV

It wasn't until Chifuyu told me everything he was doing.

'Are you sure Chifuyu?' I asked laying on his bed eating peyoung.

'Yeah, I know him very well.'

'Well in that case I need to stop him from doing this alone.'

'Eh? How?' Chifuyu asked taking the peyoung from my hand.

'Well,' I sat up thinking for a moment. 'Since he is there alone, there is no one to protect him. I don't even trust that Kazutora fucktard,' I grinned. 'So if I join Valhallah, I can keep an eye on him and probably he can tell me what's going on and stuff.' I said looking at Chifuyu for his opinion.

'Yeah, I guess we could do that, but Mikey...'

'Don't worry about him.'

________________________________

Present Time in the hospital.

'Mi..key...'

'Kenchin!' I ran over to hold his hand. He finally came back to his senses but, something just didn't seem right. His heartbeat is falling. WHY IS HE NOT GETTING BETTER!

'Y/N..' He whispered in a faint voice.

'Yes, I'm here with you,' I couldn't help the tears streaming down my face. 'Don't you dare leave me like this!' I said between the sobs that escape my mouth. 'I won't let you go to sissy just yet. I'm not ready. Don't leave me, brother.'

A faint smile appeared on his lips.
'Take care of Mikey for me, Y/N'.

'Kenchin...'

_______________________________

'Mikey needs you Y/N,' said Baji who had 2 fatal stabs in his body, draining all his blood out and on my Valhallah uniform.

'Baji, stay a little while, we will take you to the hospital.' I said, trying to smile to give, the love of my life, some hope.

'Y/N, I love you,' he said smiling at me before letting out his last breath. I was looking at his lifeless body getting cold on my arms.

'Kenchin!' I yelled across the battlefield. 'Do you have a blanket by any chance,' I turned towards him, smiling like a psychopath. 'My Baji is getting cold. We don't want him to catch a cold. Right Chifuyu?'

Chifuyu was sobbing now. Mikey punching Kazutora like crazy. Nothing is making sense in my mind. Why is Mikey hitting Kazutora? Why is Takemichi crying? Why is Chifuyu crying? Why is everyone crying?

'Why the Fuck are guys crying for. STOP CRYING!' I yelled before returning to caress Baji's face. 'Baji? Wake up. Let's go home. We will eat some peyoung together. It's cold here. Don't sleep here please. Wake up.' With every word, the sky around me seemed to hover over me, suffocating my body which held to the last reason for my survival. I wasn't crying anymore. I need to take care of him when I felt someone hold my shoulder. It was Kenchin.

'Finally! What took you so long. Do you have the blanket,' I looked up to see the tall figure, tears falling on my cheeks.

'We need to go, Y/N'

'Yeah yeah I know,' I turned to Baji. 'Baji wake up sleepy head.' I slowly smacked his face in an attempt to wake him up for the sake of my life. 'Dumbass, stop sleeping here. Wake up already. Kenchin let me go!' I tried to fight the strong hands off of me but he already pulled me up putting me on his broad shoulders and started to walk away. I hit his back, fighting to get down but he was too strong for me. 'Kenchin. LET.ME.DOWN. I need to wake Baji up. We were supposed to go on a date. You cannot just carry me wherever you want.'

He didn't say anything but kept walking. When finally Baji's soulless body started disappearing from my sight and the truth started to sink in, I stopped fighting Kenchin, letting my body hang like a towel from his shoulder.

'It's going to be okay,' I heard him whisper.

________________________

Back to the present

'It's going to be okay, Kenchin,' I said holding his hand.

'I still dream about Emma,' he said with his eyes closed breathing in the oxygen mask. "It feels like she never left me.'

I finally managed to smile. 'Remember how many coins we had to use just to get the teddy she wanted?'

'Yeah,' Kenchin let out a faint chuckle.