Don't Leave (part 2)

I thought I heard him wrong, so I asked him, 'Where are we going?'

'I'm leaving and you are not coming with me.'

I was stunned. I stood there looking at Mikey with disbelief and my brain trying to catch up with everything he just said.

'Mikey...'

I started walking towards him slowly as my whole life flashed before my eyes. I held my butterfly knife in front of him, identical to the one Baji had that day, and looked at him. He was still staring at the river where you could see the reflection of the Ferris wheel.

'Mikey...before you go, put me out of my misery.' Im staring at the knife in my hand regretting buying it. Now Mikey is looking at me with his cold eyes. He is as empty as I am, probably even worse. He took the knife from my hand and threw it in the river. I stood there, shocked. Before I could regain an understanding of what was happening, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer, and kissed me.

It was salty from both of our tears, but we didn't let go. The kiss was of desperation to hold onto each other and survive. The kiss was of sadness. The kiss was about questioning the life we are living. How did we end up like this? Just the two of us? Baji, Shinichiro-Kun, Emma, Toman, nothing lasted. Nothing. The space that was made in our hearts was empty. It hurts.

He let go of my lips and cupped my face in his hands with my forehead touching his. Tears are still pouring down from his eyes. What should I do now? We stood there in silence. Silence. Silence.

'Mikey', I broke the silence. My face is still in his hand. 'Mikey. I will never leave you. If...if you want to be alone you will have to kill me .' Now I'm looking at him and he looking at me. His hands are trembling. The invincible Mikey's hands are trembling.

'I bought you some dorayaki', I smiled at him. He is now looking down, his hand still holding onto my face. I hugged his trembling figure as he buried his face in my hair. I caressed his back, not knowing what to say. Suddenly my mouth started to speak on its own, ' Take me with you wherever you go. I will be there for you.' He still wasn't speaking. 

I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the bench. He laid down on my lap as I run my fingers through his blond hair. He was weak. 'Baji, what should I do?' I thought while looking at his childish figure. All I knew was that Mikey was now more than a responsibility, he now was a part of me.

'You cannot come with me Y/N. I cannot afford to lose you too.' said Mikey as he sat up looking at the sky. I didn’t push him any further forcing him to do what I want him to do. So I handed him the dorayaki I bought and smiled at him. He stared at the snack and me and back to the snack as if he was contemplating life decision and then took it from me with a smile. That's calmed my heart a little. He is a baby and a boss. More like a boss baby, I giggled by myself and Mikey looked at me.

'What?' I asked.

He just nodded and went back to eating dorayaki.

'Mikey, can we spend the night here?.' I asked as I looked at the star.