Chapter 7

Finally up! the next ones should come quickly seeing as i'm in a writing mood! Keep voting and commenting! I love reading comments and they help to keep uploading. here it is!..... finally

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Chapter 7

I woke the next day not remembering where I was. Then everything came rushing back. I sat up and ran my hand through my tangled hair, to only get it caught, while I was recalling everything that had happened in the past few days. It smelt so strongly of vampire in here that I felt like crinkling my nose. But, I had gotten used to it after becoming a hybrid so I resisted the urge to. I stood up and found a small pile of clothes lying on top of the dresser.

 I grabbed them, changed quickly and snatched up the camcorder and watched the video from last night. Boy, I looked extremely tired, will bags under my eyes and everything. Then again, the woods aren't so forgiving to the tired run-away sleeping there. "Mom, I think I might have found a new home, with some vampires and werewolves in Washington; as in the state. Even with this good turn of events I feel as if half of my heart is still missing. Hopefully I find it soon. Love you, Tara." I smiled to myself, thinking of my mom's smile when she watches this.

I walked over to a mirror and look at my nightmare state of hair. This was going to be fun getting it out. But other things weren't in state either from the hard traveling. I was getting a bit thin, and my pale face was a whisper from the happy, glowing healthy that it used to be. I brushed and brushed and brushed through the rats nest on top of my head before getting it to workable state. After that, I just put it in a long braid like usual. After brushing my teeth and such, I made my way downstairs.

 I saw Alice and Jasper in the living room talking as I came down, and no one else seemed to be around. Alice looked up and saw me coming and smiled. She said something to Jasper and then walked over to me. "Tara it's nice to see you up. I see the clothes fit you well."

 I looked down at the casual tank top and capris I'd been given. "Yeah they do." I said, looking back up at her.

 "Well we couldn't have you in those dirty rags you'd been wearing any longer." She said cheerily. "Oh and your hair is so long and pretty." She said lifting up my braid. "Can I do it up?"

 "Uh, sure."

So she led me back upstairs into her room, which had a scary big closet and even scarier big bathroom. She had me sit down in her bathroom, closed the door and turned me away from the giant mirror. "Now close your eyes." She said sweetly.

 *½ hour later*

 I've been sitting here forever! "How much longer?" I asked.

 "Not much. Stop wiggling around and I'll finish." I sighed and sat like a good little girl.

 "Ok, open your eyes!" I did, and found my hair in the most beautiful, yet complicated way that is totally impossible to explain so I'm not going to attempt to.

 I gasped. "Oh Alice its lovely!"

 She curtsied. "Why Tara, thank you." Then, she though a moment. "You know, I think I have a really nice dress to go with that outfit. I'll be back in a minute." She walked out of the room and I sighed. Alice certainly was persuasive on things.

She came back carrying a beautiful tea length black dress with curves at the bottom and handed it to me. I giggled happily and quickly changed. When I came out, she broke out into a smile. "Where's that ragged girl that came upon our doorstep yesterday? All I see is a beautiful graceful woman standing before me."