Chapter 32

Chapter 32

*Tara’s POV*

I woke up to the sound of music.... haha no. Actually I woke up to the sound of yelling. Sound nice right?

Yes, at 6:50 in the morning I was forced to go downstairs and address the shouting voices that had woke me up. Let’s say I wasn’t too happy about it.

“What’s going on here?” I grumbled. Mirabelle and Rena glared at each other.

“She took my converse!” exclaimed Rena.

“You let me borrow them!”

“Only for yesterday!”

“You said for a couple days!”

“Well that was before they happened to be the only thing that matches my outfit!”

“You didn’t care about that sort of thing before! Unless you’re trying to impress someone...”

I held up my hands and they quieted down. “Girls; seriously? Stop it. I must say I don’t like waking up at this time of the morning when I don’t have to work over shoes!” They stayed silent so I continued. “Alright, this is what is going to happen. Mirabelle, you can wear them today but give them back tomorrow. Rena, if you say she can borrow them for a few days then you have to stick with what you said even if they are the only things that will match your outfit. Now I’m going back to bed and I don’t want to hear anymore arguing from you two. Understand?”

“Yes mother.”

“Good. Now hurry up and eat breakfast the bus will be here in fifteen minutes.” They did as I said so I clumbered back up the stairs before collapsing on my bed.

Apparently Conner had woken up because he rolled over to face me with a questioning expression. “Teenagers.” I grumbled. “Fighting over dumb things.”

He laughed. “Remember, we’re technically still teenagers too.”

“Yeah, but we’re legal adults. That’s different.” I said, propping my elbow to support my head.

“We can have more fun.” He winked. I rolled my eyes. Boys will be boys.

“yeah well we also have to work to make a living and find time to sleep in between which is what I’m going to do now.” I said, yawning. I snuggled deeper into the covers next to Conner and he stroked my hair as I fell asleep.

*Conner’s POV*

I kept on stroking her hair even though she had long fallen asleep. Her even breathing soothed me and seeing her sleep made her seem all the more beautiful.

How she could have contemplated dying yesterday was beyond me. At least those dark thoughts had disappeared. But still, something didn’t seem right in that picture. For some reason I smelt foul play in that situation. If someone had put those thought there they would have hell to pay.

Tara stirred in her sleep, bringing me out of my thoughts. A year ago, I never would’ve thought I would be in this situation. Being able to hold her in my arms and have it be completely normal was only in my dreams back then. But that was back when I was too chicken to even ask for a moment alone with her. Now, it was completely normal. Probably because I’ve manned up since then.

Again back to the present, I found that my arm Tara was currently resting upon was falling asleep. The throbbing tingles from it made me want to move it, but I didn’t dare disturb her. She needed the most peace and quiet she could get, with running a household and having teenage kids: which still seemed weird to think about.